So difficult child 2's mood swings have been out of sight the past 2 weeks. Called the cops twice last week because he was so aggressive. Should have hospitalized him but didn't - local psychiatric hospital doesn't deal with aggressive BiPolar (BP) kids well - labels them ODD and ships them home ASAP with a lecture on how you are bad parent - regardless of the community psychiatrists input. psychiatric hospital is truly last resort. So he was home from school yesterday and today but I am planning on sending him back tomorrow. He's much better than last Friday when he was beating on the security door with a 3' length of PVC pipe trying to get at me to beat me up after I told him he couldn't play video games. MANIC - oh yeah. That's why, outside of school hours, I am not leaving him alone at all. He's so unstable it's scary. My sister calls me just now to let me know my 84 yo mom is in the hospital following a stroke yesterday. So far things are looking good, my sister hastened to reassure me, but mom will be in the hospital for at least 2 more days and maybe longer. Depends on the findings of an MRI they did tonight and whether she can walk OK since the stroke affected her gait. My mom and sister live in So. California and I live in No. Cal. My mom is at a hospital about 80 miles from where they live because they were out of town over on the coast when it happened. My sister (single but has many serious health problems) sounded stressed and briefly cried during our call. She was trying to talk to me on her bluetooth while she drove to a local motel. She got lost and I told her to call me back later. Unless my mom is dying I cannot go down there and spell my sister or be with my mom right now. I can't decide whether to tell my sister about difficult child 2 or not - I'm afraid it will just stress her more and she can get really sick really fast. She just got off 4 months of TPN because her gut was such a mess she was starving on 4,000 calories a day. She still has a PICC line in for fluids and IV supplementation. But if I don't tell her, I'm worried that she'll get upset because I don't offer to come down. Neither of them are in good shape and both need me there. And if I don't tell her and then we have to send difficult child 2 to psychiatric hospital she's likely to find out and then...ugh. It's a tangled mess in my head. Hopefully things will be better all around tomorrow. Positive vibes for all of us would be really welcome. Thanks.