Sharing some good news......

Star*

call 911........call 911
I got a job.
:church:THANK GOD!!!!!!!

As a relief driver for Goodwill industries. When I'm not driving? I'm working in the clearance center. BUT It's a driving job! Eventually it will be more driving------Today I drove the 53' semi.

I didn't do phenominal.....but for being out of the truck for 6 months? I didn't do all that bad either. I wish I had more practice, but the regular driver didn't come in pale and screaming...AND they put me on next weeks schedule - and asked me to come back tomorrow!!!!

After a year and 1/2 unemployment and being turned down so much? I started to keep a can of deoderant, breath mints, and thank you cards with stamps right in the car for those mid day application drop offs? I was going to start upping it to kittens, fruit baskets, and scratch off lotto tickets, but this job came just in time. PHEW/WHEW - (Fruit and kittens can perish rather quickly in a car with no ac)

Thanks for all the well wishes!

And for those of you that provided me with an exemplary reference? MUCH APPRECIATION - especially the parts where you told the lady I couldn't drive a nail in a board let alone drive a 53' semi, and if it wasn't for the booze you doubted I could stand up straight let alone talk to customers. - I think that's what got me the job! :flirtysmile3:Just kidding - I'm not sure exactly what ya'll said but I appreciated your time VERY much and YOU even more! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

BOY WAS A EVER NERVOUS THIS MORNING.......Haven't been in a truck in over 6 months - and it's NOTHING like the ones we trained in. WOW.....what a rush!

T

TeDo

:abouttime: Way to go Star!! I am so happy for you. :cheerleader:

Now send your luck my way. I'm still looking. UGH

Star*

call 911........call 911
TEDO - I"M DRIVING 81,000 LBS RIGHT YOUR WAY DARLIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(MAKES VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROM NOISE)..........You're due!!!!!!!!!

T

TeDo

Thanks Sister Starbie! I'll be listening for you! Just keep in mind our town doesn't allow jake-breaking so keep it down. LOL

Mattsmom277

Woot woot! Great news Star, I'm so happy for you :) They are lucky to have you, I wonder how long until everyone has been woo'ed by your humor and charm? They are going to have far fewer bad Mondays with Star in da House!

katya02

Solace
Woot! All right, Starbie! Congrats and best wishes! You'll manage that truck, no worries! Hey, I know the feeling. :)
Very very glad to hear your good news.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:congratualtions::bravo::beautifulthing::bigsmile::musicdance::wine::whistle:

AWESOME!!

You sooooo rock! So very very thrilled for you! Congrats!

(and yeah, I now can't get it to stop typing in RED) lol

KTMom91

Very cool, Star!

I worked for Goodwill for three years, teaching retail sales and employment prep. Good company to work for.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:winnersmiley::bravo:

Wow, the deaf can hear and now THIS?!!! So much good news in one week is a shock to my system!

How wonderful!

:you_go_girl: