Shari's "Mary Mary" thread -- my response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estherfromjerusalem

Please read my response to that thread. I am feeling annoyed and left out, and I don't like it. Does anyone else feel the way I do?

Esther

donna723

Uuummm, yeah, me too, a little bit. Kind of like an inside joke that I wasn't a part of. It got annoying so I just quit reading that thread, but it did bother me. I hate to admit it but it made me feel like that kid on the playground who wasn't in with the 'cool' kids! And now I'm ashamed of myself!

Last edited:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm another one who felt a bit left out of the game. I just had no idea what the "inside joke" was and still don't.

I recognized the schoolyard rhyme but not the rest of it.

jal

Hi Ester & Donna,

It is probably not my place to post this as I lurk A LOT more than I post, but I felt so sad reading your posts. This had to do with-a funny Shari posted a couple of weeks ago that took on a life of it's own @ the time. You may have briefly glanced @ it, but it had to do with coloring ones hair in the funky color of pink. That might ring a bell. I tried to find the thread, but couldn't. Again, it was all in response to that thread that was here a few weeks ago, nothing new and nothing to exempt or offend.

If someone can get a handle on it and re-post it or add the link, I think everyone can enjoy the laugh.

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Thank you, TM for posting that. I thought someone had linked to it in the Mary Mary thread....

Did not mean to offend or leave anyone out! My apologies to anyone who felt that way!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Well, duh! I have such a dirty mind that I immediately assumed it had to do with Valentine's Day and, possibly, some pink undies or something involving batteries...That's why I didn't take it personally and thought I should stay out of the intimate joke. Then, again, I am used to be the outsider...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well, duh! I have such a dirty mind that I immediately assumed it had to do with Valentine's Day and, possibly, some pink undies or something involving batteries...

We aren't aware of those things, anyway! lol And probably best if it stays that way!

Marguerite

I actually didn't get it either, but I sort of mentally bleeped it out because I didn't get the nursery rhyme bit at all. I don't think we have that one here. And since it was going to take more explaining that it probably deserved, to let me in on it - I just skipped over.

There are sometimes bigger cultural differences between us than sometimes we realise. And I figured this was just one more.

Thanks guys, for clarifying things. A bit, anyway.

I'll keep researching the nursery rhyme thing.

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I don't know it as a nursery rhyme, so much, as a really dumb song (I think called the Name Game???) that was popular in the 70's, maybe? And I think it hit the top 10, which is really scarey.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG it was YOUR thread......and you don't even know what it was about????

Okay......let's begin shall we.....AND from now on.....as a kid who has been FOREVER left alone on the playground her entire life - if you PM me and I'm part of "whatever" I'll clue you in. I figured Shari or Mary sent ya'll a PM. :tongue:

(DISCLAIMER) DO TO THE DELICATE NATURE OF THIS RESPONSE THE POSTER ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT'S CONTENTS RATED PG, S, POTENTIALLY R, MAYBE FUNNY AND SPIT WARNING POTENTIAL IS THERE.

After Christmas time we had a REGIFTING exchange post..(brilliant actually)..anyone that had an item they wished to regift could post it there. It started serious, got a little funny. Then got a little funnier when Shari posted about some pink dye she had purchased for the sole purpose of dying HORSES for a parade her family and their white horse had been in earlier in the year. However the dye was not horse hair dye it was purchased at an adult novelty shop and was for dying human nether-region hair. That's where the neon PINK comes in. ;)

So on and off over the course of the last eight weeks or so, we've kidded Shari about her dye. Somewhere in there Mary must have asked Shari for the dye, (for what reason I don't know) perhaps she has her own parade, maybe she got a pony for Valentines day, maybe she is going to be featured on an episode of Girls Gone Wild - Spring Break version, maybe she's fashioned herself a heart shaped something and wants to dye it pink - hard to tell.

With this group? It became sensationally close to the equivalent of a Harlequin Romance Novel and bordered on the very rim of being locked because while Mary Mary wasn't saying that she herself was auditioning for Girls Gone Wild.....we were being very, naughty. :(.....everyone say SORRY MODS....

and in difficult child fashion once they're gone? :tongue:

I absolutely with every fiber of my being do not and will not ever participate in something that is clicky, leaves someone out, or ever makes anyone feel like they are not a part of family fun. If I know what's going on? I'll let you know but you have to PM me. Some people did (didn't they?) and I told them what I thought just like above but shorter. (and now yer sorry aren't you huh?) LOL.

My entire life - I HAVE BEEN the kid picked last, the one on the playground sitting by myself, the one off by herself while others were in a group whispering, laughing, pointing....and to say that I hate it would be the understatement of my life. Now that I'm older when I see it happening? I go TO that kid, and pull them in...and spend time with them. I'll spend time with the others too, but I know how much that means to have just one person one time come to you. Said it once - will say it again. My PM is always open....you need me? I'm there. That's what this place is for. Whether it's help or haha's....WE ARE A FAMILY. (period)

The end.
okay?
Love you
All....
Mean it

;)
This concludes this broads-cast. :whiteflag:

trinityroyal

And as for the Nursery Rhyme, it was actually a song called The Name Game.

Here are a couple of links, the first one an explanation, and the second one a video of Shirley Ellis performing the song:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Name_Game

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MJLi5_dyn0"]YouTube- shirley ellis - the name game[/ame] (not sure if this will work. I'm posting from the office and YouTube is blocked, so the link may be wonky)

I too am sorry that people have been feeling left out, as that is so contrary to what this board and all of us are made of. I'm glad that the "regifting" part has been cleared up. Hope this solves the rest...

Trinity

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
OMG, I was close on the song, Trinity! That's amazing!!!!

Very well put, and ditto what Star said.

With a couple clarifications...

1) I didn't purchase said pink dye...
I received it as a gift! (it gets worse)
At the gift exchange at a Christmas party. (it gets worse)
The Christmas party of the COW BOY mounted shooters! (it could have gotten worse because...)
It was equally likely some very masculine cowboy-type MAN wearing a pair of 6-shooters would have received this gift!

But no, I got it. (and, being thrifty, figured it might work well if I ever needed to dye a horse again - otherwise, it was being regifted next year, likely at the same party.)

(And as a side note, my husband got the dangly earrings and horsehair tassels...think what you like about THAT one....horse hair tassels, anyone???)

2) Then Mary asked for it. Right there in the regifting thread, in front of us all, said yup, she wanted the pink dye!

So I sent it.

Enjoy, Mary, and bless your heart for letting us laugh with you!!!

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm not sure I'm compleeeeetly comfortable with the words.....

dangly and earrings in reference to a man. :tongue:

Horse hair tassles? Now there's something you don't see every day. Trying to envision curtain draw backs....ala Western Motiff :sick:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Horse tack, especially bridles, can be made from braided horse hair. Some of this stuff is absolutely gorgeous and has patterns woven in using various natural colors of horsehair.

The tassels are used as decoration on bridles. Usually where the browband joins the cheek pieces, sometimes on the strap that goes under the throat (throat latch), or on the center of the brow band itself.

I used to make horsehair bridles for use with hackamores (bitless bridles) and standard bits.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm with ya, Star.

Actually, the earrings are pretty, but nothing I will ever wear (and hopefully husband doesn't either). Silver dream catchers with gold feathers hanging from them.

The tassels are supposed to go on the brow band of a bridle.

And husband and I got the only comedic and gender-oriented gifts at the whole party. lol

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
GN, that's exactly what they are for.

Do you know how to do a 4-strand braid? I have hair from my first mare's tail that I want to use for a hatband, but I can't seem to figure out the 4-strand (or more) braid!

Status
Not open for further replies.