She apologized to the teacher today

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
Out of nowhere, she tells me she said sorry to the teacher.
I'm like HUH?
She mimics biting her arm
I said "what, was this teacher in your class???????" (getting worried)
no, she was in the SWs office
oh, ok. did the SW set it up then?
yeah.
That was very nice of you. I'm very proud of you to do that too. I would liked it more if you had done that on your own
oh, I asked to do this and they helped me

:faint::bravo:

wow! what did the teacher say to you?
she said she accepts my apology! (smiling big)
did she ask you why you bit her?
<grumblig> and a little grrrrr-ing

well, from then it went a little raw so I stopped.

M

ML

That's great that she intiated the help to form the apology on her own. And very cool that she felt bad and wanted to make amends. Way To Go difficult child!

Andy

Way To Go difficult child! As a mom of a difficult child who needed to apologize a few times last year, I know exactly how you are feeling. It puts hope in your heart.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What a great lesson of forgiveness she learned today!

I've had to have my difficult child's (AND easy child) apologize for a variety of things over the years (bringing a weapon to school, vandalism, smart remarks). It's never easy, but it's crucial that they get through it.

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
Jennifer, you're right, we don't hear enough of the GOOD things our kids do!

gcvmom, yes, we've always had her write her apologies to anyone that's been affected by her "episodes". She does better writing the apologies than speaking, so I think it's really a huge event for her.

Adrienne - yes, certainly I'm very hopeful! I didn't even bring it up to her to do this either. Usually I'm the one saying it's something I require her to do, but this time, I didn't even mention an apology.

ml, we can only hope it's finally sunk in right?

TerryJ2

Oh, Nancy, that's great.
I am so glad she was able to do that ... and tell you about it. :)
And thank you for telling us. We need to hear good things about our g'fg, too. :)

susiestar

Roll With It
What AWESOME news! I am so glad that she felt the need to apologize and asked for help in doing so. Those are 2 distinct happenings - wanting to apologize and then asking for help.

Thanks for sharing the great news! Be SURE to put this in a journal to read again during a tough day. That helped me tons through the really rough years.