She can't find her Adderall!

KTMom91

Miss KT just called, in a panic, because she has no medications for tomorrow morning, and she says she just had it filled. Of course, the doctor is not in his office, she has a college placement test first thing in the morning, and she says she's tearing everything apart looking.

Since the pharmacy called here reminding us we had a prescription to be picked up, Hubby called to see if it was hers. Nope. And, since she just had it filled, and it's a triplicate, any "lost medications" must be approved by her doctor, and unless our insurance has a "lost medications" allowance, a refill will cost about $200. I called her back and informed her of all this, and she has a partial plan (at least). She's going to take her test, then go to the doctor's office rather than calling, and take care of it. Her plan doesn't go as far as the replacement costs, however.

This is the first time she's done something like this. She's usually really good about taking and keeping track of her medications, because she doesn't like the way she feels without them. But if the doctor can't help her tomorrow...oh, Lordy, duck and cover!

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I hope she finds them. This has to be terribly unnerving for her and she doesn't need that right now. Sometimes a second set of eyes can see things...

Suz

susiestar

Roll With It
I wonder if she had friends in and the medications left with them? That sometimes happens. I had a roommate in college who would actually give my medications away. It was very difficult.

I hoep she finds them. I wonder if the doctor will suggest a different medication, like strattera or a patch, something with less street value? Here they only let you have one lost scrip of any medication like adderall.

I just hope maybe her cat knocked the bottle down or something.

Hugs to both of you. Hope she calms down and can do well on the test tomorrow.

Susie

goldenguru

susiestar took the thoughts right out of my head. If I'm not mistaken adderall is an amphetamine stimulant - and kids are selling them regularly. Not saying KT is - but it is not difficult to imagine that a 'friend' may have lifted them from her.

katya02

Solace
Uh oh. That's the first thought that comes to my mind, too. Adderall is amphetamine so it's a major candidate to be stolen and resold. The doctor may not want to write another prescription tomorrow because of that ... but I hope he/she will write something else. If KT does get another script she'll have to keep it locked away, especially since, if it has been stolen, the thief will come looking again.

Sorry to hear this. I hope KT does well on her test.

KTMom91

That thought had crossed my mind as well, but the doctor gave her the benefit of the doubt and wrote another prescription, probably because this is the first time this has happened. There is no "lost medications" benefit on our insurance, but the pharmacy went ahead and filled it at the insurance rate instead of charging the $200. She picked up her new bottle of medications tonight, and I'm so glad, because she's called me every ten minutes or so, and she's goofy, so it's obvious there are no medications in her system.