She did well, despite some hurdles!

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by tiredmommy, Sep 3, 2008.

  1. tiredmommy

    tiredmommy Site Moderator

    Today was Duckie's first day of school. She had some stress/anxiety last night because cheer ran late and she was upset that she might have a nightmare, not get a good night sleep and have a bad morning. She was a little grouchy when her alarm went off, but got moving pretty well after a few moments. Then, the bus was over 10 minutes late AND the bus aide didn't have her epipen (per her health plan). She was concerned, but got on the bus when I told her I'd follow the bus to the school and make sure the epipen issue was straightened out. Luckily, my car was there as I was planning on running some errands after she was picked up. Her bus was the last to arrive. :(

    The actual school day went well.

    Then, dismissal was a mess. The busses didn't arrive from their earlier runs until well after dismissal time. All the kids finally left the school grounds at 3:55pm!!! Grr!:mad: She didn't get to the bus stop until 4:25pm, and had to shower & eat her dinner before leaving for cheer practice at 5:40pm.

    She did well, all things considered though she's very tired. I hope tomorrow is a lot calmer for her. I'm already planning on roasting a chicken for dinner, she can take a nice long bath and relax in the evening.

    She's earned it...
  2. Andy

    Andy Active Member

    Not a smooth morning and after school but a success in that Duckie survived easch step that did not go as planned.

    Congratulations on getting through the first day!
  3. susiestar

    susiestar Roll With It

    I am sorry her day started off so stressful. It sounds like the actual school day went well - that is something to be thankful for. I HATE it when the busses don't have the medical plans down. Especially when you worked before school started to get things arranged. If I had as many allergies as Duckie I would stress (or freak) if the bus didn't have my epipen, too.

    What time do they get out of school? I am assuming it is well before 3:55. Ours ends at 3:40, so that isn't terribly late for busses here. But having a long wait for the bus is the pits, esp on the first day when the kids are working so hard to get into the rhythm of school again.

    I hope tomorrow is smoother.

  4. tiredmommy

    tiredmommy Site Moderator

    Yes, it was a long wait. Dismissal is 3:15pm so the kids had to wait 35 to 40 minutes.
  5. Wiped Out

    Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Wow-it seems like she did great especially considering the start of the day!
  6. Fran

    Fran Former desparate mom

    She held it together. Yay!
  7. busywend

    busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

    I would not do well with a 45 minute wait to get home after work! She did good!!!!

    That cheer practice is tiring, isn't it??
  8. KTMom91

    KTMom91 Well-Known Member

    Yay, Duckie! So glad she had a good day, and managed to keep it together even with bus frustration.