She Got IN!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole had her meeting/interview with the Director of the Paramedic program at the college today. She was so nervous.

SHE GOT IN!!!!

She just had to rush right home to tell me. lol She's in the new spring class for 2008!

Be danged. Maybe the girl is serious.

And that's not all. She's followed thru with the driving lessons and has gone out driving every single day with boyfriend's Dad. He's all praises and says she's the best parallel parker he's ever seen. lol (comes by it honestly)

Then tonight she asked easy child to ask her husband's Mom if she had any openings at her Subway. OMG! Even easy child was shocked at this one! But Nichole said that if easy child's mother in law will let her, she'd like to work weekends for her. :wow:

What the heck is going on with my child?? When did she suddenly get this spurt of maturity??? Did one of you board aunties sneak over here and light a major fire under her fanny, or what??

Fantastic news!

Okay now ~ give.

What'sthe secret?!?

Have you been pushing, or leaving her alone, or what? From your post it almost sounds like it happened out of a clear, blue sky.

Good for you and GREAT for Nichole!

Barbara

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Barbara

Honestly I'm not sure.

We've been doing some discussing "growing up", "life dreams/goals", and "independence", but I can't say if that is what is motivating her or not. The above has been coming up in conversation alot.

Like last week. We're waiting for class and Nichole says she hopes boyfriend's parents let them make the upstairs and apartment for spring. Of course that brought up the issues she has with his mother and how that just might not be a wise decision. lol But then she said she wanted to spread her wings and leave home. But that boyfriend is really dragging his feet about renting an apartment together. So I replied, "What do you need him for?" lol
Then I explained to her that I'd like her to get a taste of independence BEFORE moving in with boyfriend, just to prove to herself she could do it. How many girls find themselves stuck in relationships simply because they are terrified of living alone and have never had the experience of independent living.

We've been chatting about alot of little stuff like this.

But then I also see a whole new level of frustration with boyfriend, too. And major changes in how she allows him to treat her/ how she reacts to his drama making.

Or maybe it's just college maturing her, being around a whole new group of people some her own age/ many adults. Maybe doing well in college is boosting her self esteem/confidence.

So I dunno. Maybe it's a combination of things. Whatever it is I'm hoping it's here to stay.

susiestar

Roll With It
Way to go Nichole!!!!! This is wonderful!!

I remember when my difficult child cousin (a wilder teen you would never meet!) got a job and they promoted him to management and wantedhim to go to college, WOW, it was very sudden. He said that he just finally realized he was sabotaging his life, and the lives of his wife and daughter's, and that if he could do that, he could use the energy to do good things with his life. I think that maybe this is happening to Nichole, the realization that the energy can be sent in another direction, one that will make her dreams come to life!!

Hugs and congrats!!!

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy,

It was me - I brought a blow torch and set it on roast.

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU BOTH -

I love those talks you've been having. And I'm very happy she's asking all the right questions -

(but I STILL SAY.........) :highvoltage:It's JUST SHOCKING!!!!!

MAJOR BIG HUGS GIRLS
Star

Coookie

Ya Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: Way To Go Nicole!!!!!!!!!!!! They do surprise us sometimes. :jumphappy:

Hugs Lisa