She got the job!

Nancy

difficult child got the job as receptionist/exam room attendant at the animal hospital. It's full time with benefits. She gets to wear scrubs! I am so excited. She has always wanted to work with animals and this is a wonderful opportunity. She had interviewed at another animal clinic and they were going to let her know at the end of the week but she really wanted this one because the other was just a receptionist. It paid $1 more an hour but she wouldn't be working with the animals and I think she would eventually get bored.

She asked if I owuld pick her up Friday and take her to buy her uniforms. She starts next Tuesday!

Nancy

klmno

Oh that is excellent news!! You know there are a lot of community colleges that offer classes to become a vet tech (or something like that). I know she needs to take things slow, but maybe that's something she could do to keep her busy and work on even bigger goals once she gets this adjustment period behind her. OK, one step and one day at a time!!

For now, she has many board aunties who are very proud of her and very happy for her!!

I guess we know what one beaming Mom will be doing Friday. LOL!

H

HaoZi

Way To Go! Glad she's able to have this kind of reinforcement for her hard work. :)

P

PatriotsGirl

I am SO thrilled for you both!!!! I can only imagine the joy you must feel.

I told my daughter about her and how great she was doing in sober living. I keep praying mine will take that same road. Funny, difficult child adores animals and I always told her she should study to be a vet.

DammitJanet

Oh wow! Beaming...thrilled...jum...ouuch!!!!!!! Cant jump...dang. Tell her she owes me a tylenol...lmao. I just hurt myself attempting to jump for joy!

Nancy

Klmno she wants to be a vet tech. She was enrolled in the vet tech program in our community college but stopped going to class and had to withdraw because of her drinking. It's still of goal of hers so this is a good stepping stone.

PG we have a lot in common. It's too bad we don't live closer so difficult child could mentor yours. Part of the payback system of sober living is to help others in the program.

I told her it's all up to her now, she can use this opportunity to help her have a new future. She said she is excited to start her career.

Nancy

klmno

Well, Nancy, rest tonight knowing you have done all you can and she has the best opportunity in the world to get the constructive life she wants. I sincerely hope it works out. But, just in case it doesn't, know in your heart that it isn't your fault. You have done a wonderful job being a mom!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
WOOT!!!!! Way To Go difficult child!!!!!

Ohhhhh, I'm soooo happy she got the job. I was worried with the economy such as it is that the job part might be her tripping point. This is fantastic news!!! Yay!!!

Estherfromjerusalem

Nancy, that's wonderful news. Well done! You are such a wonderful supportive mother and deserve a medal, in my humble opinion.

I wish her every success in her job. It sounds perfect for her.

Love, Esther

DDD

That's awesome, Nancy. She has the opportunity now to move into the adult sector and with the support of her program I'd say chances are good that she will seize the moment. I'm so happy for you. DDD