She is back in jail

PatriotsGirl

Failed her last drug test. Relapsed. We have the baby of course. I just don't even know what else to say. I am still in shock and in emergency mode. Need to find daycare ASAP that we cannot afford.

It is my birthday on Thursday. Lovely...

toughlovin

Dang it! This relapse business just sucks! I am so so sorry. We were all so hopeful for her... hopefully this will be a huge wake up call and she will miss her lovely baby!! Thank goodness he has you!!

GuideMe

Aww man PG, I am so sorry. She'll get through it, she'll get her life back on track. This is just a set back. She's learning the system doesn't play, now. She doesn't strike me as the type of person who wants this life, she just had to learn things the hard way for a bit.

pasajes4

Department of Human Resources.........Apply for daycare benefits....temporary guardianship papers so you can get medical treatment for the baby....... So sorry my heart is breaking for the little guy and for all the people who love him

PatriotsGirl

I am sure husband and I make too much to qualify for any benefits. I will have to file temporary custody so we can get him on our insurance. His doctor has no problems with me bringing him in, but right now it is out of pocket. His medicaid relapsed and he has no insurance right now. Ugh. AND he is due for his 1 year shots so that will be out of pocket because I cannot get him in daycare without them. :(

S

Signorina

I am so so sorry for your hurting mommy heart.

You should be able to get him on your insurance retroactively and it will cover the shots 100%. If not, take him to the county for the shots. Way back when, our insurance did not cover immunizations; so my kids got their shots at the county clinic despite seeing their regular pediatrician for well baby checks. And if I understand correctly - you would be considered more like "foster" parents - so your/husband's income should not factor into benefit decisions - just your daughter's. That said, they may push for baby daddy's info and you may not want to open that door if he isn't on the birth certificate.

But I am getting way ahead of myself. You have a lot on your plate - eat it is small bites, 1 by 1.

difficult child is somewhere safe tonight and this relapse was nipped in the bud. Baby Connor is healthy, safe, warm and well loved. This too shall pass. A few steps back is often part of a recovery journey and not the end of it.

I am hurting for you {{{{hugs}}}}

mom_to_3

Happy Birthday to you first off! Do call CPS or Department of Family services or whatever it is called in your area. Have the baby legally placed with you. Doing that will give the baby health insurance coverage, food stamps for the baby and daycare will be provided at no cost to you. This is how it worked when we had custody of our grandson when CPS removed him from his parents care for approximately 18 months. Our income had nothing to do with the services afforded our grandson. I live in Texas if that helps, but I would assume it should be the same everywhere. The children should not have to pay for their parents bad choices. Good luck to you!

Nancy

I'm sorry PG. But now you know why she has not been stepping up in the job department. Relapse really stinks but it's not all lost. It's a wake up call for her to get back in the program. I hope she takes it as such and gets her act together.

mom_to_3

Nancy, I have always loved the quote in your sig."When people show you who they are, believe them - Maya Angelou

Such a profound statement!

dstc_99

Oh PG I am so sorry! I was really hoping she would stay on the straight and narrow. Connor is such a lucky little man to have you around for him.

Sending hugs!

Lil

In some states non-parent caretakers are eligible for benefits regardless of income. It's certainly worth a try. At a minimum, guardianship would be a good idea, legally speaking, for you to be able to take care of things.

I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

Kathy813

Staff member
PG, first of all, I am so sorry. It does explain her latest actions. Now, about the shots, the Georgia Health department provides the shots at little to no charge no matter what your income is. When my girls were small, our pediatrician actually suggested that we get their shots at the health department since they were so much cheaper there. I never did since we had great insurance that covered them 100% but would certainly have done so if it hadn't.

That precious baby is so lucky to have you and your husband.

~Kathy

recoveringenabler

Staff member
You might consider temporary guardianship when you have a chance to breathe. I did that first. Down the line, it may make any other issues you might encounter easier for you too. I'm so sorry.

PatriotsGirl

I have the temporary guardianship papers printed out. She claims she will sign them. Then we can get him on our insurance. I just can't believe she threw everything away for that junk...

in a daze

I've been following your posts about your daughter and grandson, and I was so dismayed to read that she had relapsed. It seems with many of our addicts relapse is the norm until they finally get it. I am so sorry. I know you'll get through this latest trauma. Prayers for you...

GuideMe

Will dcfs even contact me? He was with me when she was arrested, not her...just wondering if they even have to get involved.

It seems you are going to have to take it day by day and wait for things to happen because no one knows. I am 100% positive that if they get involved, they will let you keep the baby and probably will even close the case knowing that the baby is loving and good hands. They always want the kids to stay with family members, it's their #1 goal. Just take it one day at a time and handle things as they come because everything you are going through right now is up in the air and you have zero control over it. There is no planning, no damage control, no nothing here. If it is an urgent issue, I am sure someone is going to let you know and then they will tell you what to do.