She missed her train, and is mad at ME!

KTMom91

Should have known something was going to happen...

Miss KT called, she missed her train because the person that was supposed to give them a ride to the station didn't show up, or something like that. I asked her if she'd called Amtrak, to find out when the next train was, and if she could exchange the ticket or had to buy a new one. I asked her about the station that was supposed to be right around the corner...she didn't know. Hadn't called Amtrak, had no idea, is out of medications (and what a joy THAT will be!), and is all PO'd at me for asking hard questions. She hung up. I called her back about 30 minutes later...still no answers, still PO'd. I pointed out that it was her responsibility to get the necessary info and to get her happy fanny home ASAP, since she's missing yet another day of school.

About ten minutes later, she called, ticket is changed, and she'll be home about 3 tomorrow afternoon. At least that's the current plan.

Andy

Sounds alot like how my easy child diva 17 would have handled this. Everything is always, always my fault - even thousands of miles away. Miss KT just got scared and was trying to put the responsibility of fixing the situation into your lap. Because you are mom, because if you were there, you would have the answer. When will they ever learn that drama queening doesn't help? We are their calm voice in the storm, their better judgement (even when they refuse to listen, or appear to be refusing).

I tend to do that with certain things with my husband less the drama queening of course. Car doesn't work - give to hubby to figure out - I just can't do it. Yeah, right, if he wasn't home for a week I would have to figure it out on my own.

What I love about this forum is that I am quickly learning that I am not the only one going through these emotions of our difficult children and our PCs and us. I am proud that you waited 30 minutes. I am still impatient and would have called back immediately to try to walk her through what she needed to do. Hang in there and stay strong. :)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yep-everything is always the mom's fault! Sorry you are having to deal with this. I'm glad she finally figured it out.

M

ML

In my house it's the mom's fault as far as difficult child is concerned and wife's fault as far as husband is concerned. See why I don't mind working outside the home :)

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad everything got straightened out.

I once offered to take the blame for EVERYTHING on the condition that I also get the credit and rewards for everything that went wrong. difficult child was thrilled, until he learned I meant to take the credit for his grades (which I knew were coming up and were good AND I knew Krispy Kreme gave donuts for A's - it was with-in a 3 day window) and I took him and his report card with A's and then sat down and ATE one of HIS donuts!!!! Shoudl have seen the look on his face -

But MOOOOOOOOM, I EARNED THEM!

This ONLY works if you can arrange a reward he would want, AND you can (and will) take the reward.

It was funny! I even had a contract he SIGNED and knew the KrispyKreme people so they told him it was legal until I chose to revoke it!!! He did get his donuts, but...

The nerve of you making her miss her train.

And then, to not have the track run right past her front door and pick her up at her convenience?

How dare you.

KTMom91

Well...she called from LA, told me she wasn't going to work Friday because Wonder J is coming to town. I reminded her that this would mean she'd miss two Fridays in a row, and she wouldn't get a paycheck because she hadn't worked. She got mad again, told me I was always trying to "guilt" her into things, and said goodbye. She hasn't eaten, just had an energy drink, no medications...YIKES!