she quit her job

Sue C

Melissa decided she didn't like working at the bicycle warehouse anymore so she quit her job. Afterwards, she confided to husband and me that she was worried that she'd never make the quota of filling 50 orders/day by the end of the probation period (90 days). She was averaging 29 orders/day. She has a history of panicking and quitting things.

She goes for training on Friday to become a "Molly Maid." I give it 2 days before she quits. She gave up a job with benefits for a job with none. If she needs to go to the dr or hospital, she will have to figure out how to pay for it. We will not.

The three of us had a nice conversation over lunch yesterday. She started out saying she didn't really want to work at all. LOL We told her that wasn't reality. She said she didn't know what career she wanted. She said if she could figure it out, she might go to a technical college. We told her to just get a job for now and give herself some time to think of what career she might like.

She's frustrated because nothing comes to mind that she'd like to do for a career. I suggested that she go to the college and take an interest test. She said she already had and it showed she had interests in writing and art. Thing is, she never draws. She would like to write but has no interest in a journalism degree. She just likes to write down her thoughts and poems.

We shall see how long she stays a maid and what her next job will be.....

sue

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> She just likes to write down her thoughts and poems.
</div></div>
Yeah, that's good work if you can get it....
:smile: Sorry Sue, I couldn't resist!!

My difficult child used to really like playing video games.....but all those jobs were already taken! :smile:

Peace

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> She started out saying she didn't really want to work at all.</div></div>

What a revelation! :rofl:

She and Rob sound like a perfect match! :smile:

Suz

Sue C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code:</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" style="height: 34px;"><pre>She started out saying she didn't really want to work at all.
</pre></div></div>
It was funny when she said that. (She's so honest that we hear things many times that we would have rather not heard. But this one was funny! haha) She had talked another day about wishing she had "lived in grandma's time so she could have just graduated, got married, and had babies and stayed home." (My mom got married at 18 and that is what she did.)

About the writing thing, I wanted to add that she said she could just write down her thoughts and send them to an editor and "he would fix them for her." :rofl:

This girl is so in dreamland. Hope she wakes up one day.

PonyGirl -- Well, someone has to try out those new video games, ya know. :wink:

Suz -- Melissa and Rob a match? We can be related for real. :smile:

Sue

Sunlight

I am sorry Sue, I am sure you are frustrated and have run out of suggestions. once more you have to insist she work. hard place for you.

Stella Johnson

Oh boy... she doesn't really want to work? :hammer: I wish that were an option. :rofl:

Has she considered maybe a job at the library or some sort of office work? The maid thing is hard work and doesn't pay squat. If she couldn't handle filling orders I seriously doubt she will want to scrub toilets. At least I wouldn't.

Good luck with her latest job search!

Steph

KFld

I think I'll decide I don't want to work really either. By the way, I love drinking wine in my spare time. Hmmm, is there a job out there for me????

Sue C

husband commented to Melissa today that she will be cleaning people's toilets and that she'll be cleaning several houses/day...not just cleaning at her leisure. Her response: "I'm sure it will be mostly rich people's houses, and they don't let their houses get dirty--they would be too embarrassed, so it won't be bad." LOL I think this girl is in for a shock. Then again, I don't have a maid service, so I don't know how people who do have maid service keep their houses. Maybe they stay sparkling clean all week???

by the way, I made a mistake. She's going to be a "Merry Maid." I looked up their website and they don't tell the pay schedule or any details on benefits (or lack of).

Janet -- Yep, she sure has to work!

Steph -- There was a library page job shelving books recently, but it was only for 4 hours/day and only paid $7/hour.

Karen -- There must be a wine taster job out there somewhere, don't you think? Might come home a little smashed every night, though, and that would not be a good thing.

sue

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I'm pretty sure that all toilets are used for the same purpose regardless of where the toilet is housed.
My difficult child could join Rob and your difficult child in that he just doesn't really understand why he has to work. </span>

rejectedmom

I am sure you are frustrated. My two boys don't understand why they must have a new job lined up BEFORE the quit their old one.
I tell them "because that is what ADULTS do!" by the way my difficult child#1 still doesn't work. She has had her cosmetology licence for almost 8 months and hasn't even applied for a job. Her husband seems to be OK with it so........-RM

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sue C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I'm sure it will be mostly rich people's houses, and they don't let their houses get dirty--they would be too embarrassed, so it won't be bad."

Karen -- There must be a wine taster job out there somewhere, don't you think? Might come home a little smashed every night, though, and that would not be a good thing.

sue </div></div>

:rofl: Yeah, I'm sure they keep their houses cleaner then us poor slobs do in between cleaning :rofl:

And as far as my wine tasting job, hey I wouldn't have to get up for work in the morning if that was my full time job at night, so !!!!! :smile:

Sue C

Fran -- I'm picturing your son, Rob, and Melissa all hanging out together all day long, just sitting around having a wonderful time, all happy and relaxed 'cuz they don't have to work. But...who would be dishing out the money to them? Certainly not you, Suz, or me. Guess they wouldn't be too happy when their tummys got hungry.

RM -- Melissa did not have a new job lined up when she quit her old one. We were not happy with her. husband was FURIOUS! He did not speak a word to her for a whole week. Then she landed the maid job, and he's speaking to her again. (we told Melissa over and over again that we understand if she does not like a certain job but that she needs to have a new job lined up first. think she'd listen? no. luckily, she found this job quickly.)

Karen -- You made me LOL at "I'm sure they keep their houses cleaner than us poor slobs do in between cleaning." I must be very poor 'cuz my house sure does not stay clean. haha As far as your wine tasting job, it sounds like it could work out after all. :wink:

p.s. Melissa is at training right now. I wouldn't doubt if she comes home and says she quit before even actually starting. I'll keep you all up to date.

p.p.s. I will be interested to find out if they are reimbursed for mileage or not. She has been driving her '74 Nova which sucks gas 'cuz her '92 Chevy Cavalier has been broken.

Sue