She ran over her boyfriend and is not even upset. People are weird...and scary!!!

BusynMember

'So there is a big story going around our small town.

A young man was riding his motorcycle in front of his "fiance" (some say t hey have broken up, but some say he was still her fiance). She either didn't judge her speed and space right or it was something else, but she hit him on his motorcycle and ran him over and he died. He was 32. Young. Sad.

My husband came home and told me that the girl who did it works with him and dropped in to chat about it. He told me she seemed very calm, but everyone handles shock differently. Now if it were me, and I killed anyone, let alone my fiance, I'd probably spend the rest of my life in a loonybin, but again we all handle things differently.

A few weeks has gone by and she is definitely being questioned by the cops. The weird part is, my husband's boss, who is kind of a ditz and does not seem competent, did not fire her, although since she can no longer drive, she can't be a cab driver. She is dispatching, or learning to do it. The "boss" is a young woman and her friend and they kid around a lot, even now.

According to my husband, who is not a liar or an exaggerator, she comes in to work and acts totally normal, like she hasn't just killed her fiance. She is cheerful. She texts a lot when she should be dispatching. She laughs and jokes. She files her nails. It is as if everything is great. Once in a while she brings up how the cops have no case to say she did it on purpose, but it is always about her, not how much she misses him or, even if she doesn't miss him, how horrified she is that she took a life, EVEN if it happened to be by accident. And we don't know that yet. The investigation is ongoing. Alcohol levels were high in both of them.

I find this amazing. If it were me, I couldn't even go to work, let alone learn a new job there or file my nails and text. I would probably be a mess if I hit somebody's dog or cat, let alone a human being.

The boy's family are beside themselves and are writing about how she did it on purpose in our local "Shout It Out" pages of our newspaper. I don't know if she did it on purpose or not. I just know that sh e is not acting like it has affected her at all.

I think my husband may have met up with a psychopath. How can you kill somebody, even by accident, and just go on with your life as if everything is good? Husband said he has never seen her shed a tear or even look sad and he has to pass her all the time.

My husband is the mechanic for our only cab company. He sees a lot, but this he tells me is the oddest he has ever witnessed.

Last edited:

Lil

That is disturbing. I can't imagine killing someone you love, even accidently, and just...going about my day? Weird and disturbing.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
How bizarre!! I hit a raccoon once and my husband had a hard time getting me to calm down, I was hysterical. To this day I still feel bad about the raccoon.
I'm with you SWOT if I hit a person, loved one or not I would need to have some serious therapy.
There is something very off with this young woman to show no remorse or empathy.

BusynMember

I slammed the car door on Sonic's fingers when he was about three. I didn't know they were there. I cried almost as hard as he did and still feel guilty when I think about it.

My husband finds the young woman very strange.

pasajes4

I am surprised that they did not arrest her when they found that she had alcohol in her system at the time of the accident. Here she would have been charged with intoxication man slaughter.

BusynMember

They are doing an investigation. I don't know how that works here. I hope she is arrested. She has absolutely no remorse.

she IS in danger of vehicular homocide.

pasajes4

She already is guilty of death by vehicle. If she was given a breath/blood test at the time of the of the accident, and it was above the legal limit she should have been arrested on the spot and then prove it was an accident. The alcohol in the system is a huge part of this.

InsaneCdn

I'm guessing the police are thinking this is more than vehicular homicide... more like planned murder. So they are taking their time and building a stronger case. Especially given her behavior after he fact.

Scent of Cedar *

A young man was riding his motorcycle in front of his "fiance" (some say t hey have broken up, but some say he was still her fiance). She either didn't judge her speed and space right or it was something else, but she hit him on his motorcycle and ran him over and he died. He was 32. Young. Sad.

My husband came home and told me that the girl who did it works with him and dropped in to chat about it. He told me she seemed very calm, but everyone handles shock differently. Now if it were me, and I killed anyone, let alone my fiance, I'd probably spend the rest of my life in a loonybin, but again we all handle things differently.

Do you know whether there was a history of physical abuse? It could be that the male was threatening her and that because of that, she ran right into him with the car. That would explain why the police have not taken her into custody yet. They must feel she is not someone who will leave the area. She may have been defending her own life.

If this is the background, the woman could still be in shock. If she was in danger of her own life and then, killed someone she loved who was trying to kill her.

Have you heard anything like that, Serenity? Maybe, everyone has been instructed to say nothing until the evidence is in.

That could explain too, why she hasn't been fired.

Cedar

BusynMember

Cedar, I don't know anything about them. Neither does my husband, although he works with the girl. She is not acting like she is in shock (at least not conventionally), but that is a possibility. My husband tells me her biggest concern is not going to jail. She doesn't talk about him at all.

I'm sure we'll find out more that will help put the puzzle pieces together. It was in the news big time and now things have died down, probably because the police don't want to give away parts of the investigation.

Cedar, I do not know if I could act normal if I killed somebody even if he beat me. But maybe I could. It never happened to me...

Very odd story.

Lil

She already is guilty of death by vehicle. If she was given a breath/blood test at the time of the of the accident, and it was above the legal limit she should have been arrested on the spot and then prove it was an accident.

Not necessarily. She was apparently drinking, but not necessarily over the legal limit. If she was over the legal limit, I'm rather amazed she wasn't arrested for at least DWI, but they still might not charge her with vehicular manslaughter until such time as they were sure it was an avoidable accident. Even drunk, you aren't necessarily guilty if, for instance, someone runs right in front of you and even a sober person couldn't stop in time. She has to prove nothing...it's up to the state to prove everything.

Like I always say, all states are different.

The lack of any remorse or upset, other than her fear she could be in trouble though, is really odd.

BusynMember

Lil, I know nothing about alcohol levels, but I think it was over a little.

Wisconsin is the drinking capital of the country, I believe. People have driver's licenses when they should never drive again. But they DID take her license so that has to be Wisconsin's idea of how to handle drunk driving. It's a huge problem here that is handled poorly.

I have no idea how or why she is walking around free. And I saw her today for the very first time. She sure looks just fine. She was smiling and joking with somebody. Sorry, but even if I was in shock, I'd be either unable to move or hysterical. She is acting just like it's another day and she never killed anyone. I get more emotional when I hit a squirrel.
Either that or she's the world's best actress and deserves to star in a movie.

witzend

OMG, I still feel badly about the time 20 years ago when I ran over a chipmunk at a campground. There's something wrong here. I imagine that it will be difficult to prove, though. (I watch all those cold case programs, this is going to hinge on her saying something to someone, in my humble opinion.)

As for the boss, who would want to be friends with someone who ran over their fiance and didn't get upset about it? I'd be a little worried about my safety.

BusynMember

As for the boss, who would want to be friends with someone who ran over their fiance and didn't get upset about it? I'd be a little worried about my safety.
The County Board picked her and nobody can figure out why. She doesn't do a good job and most of the running of the place is done by the Finance Manager who is dating one of the board members. The board member girlfriend says that the problem seems to be that one of the lawyers who is in charge really, really likes this ditzy boss.

There are many jokes circulating around the office about what she must be doing to this lawyer (a man) to keep her job. He is the only reason she has not been tossed. She is also a very shallow and not-very-smart person, in spite of her position. She is really friendly with this woman who ran over her boyfriend.

Lil

Well, people do handle stress and grief differently. It's not like I never smiled or laughed during the most tragic parts of my life. My boyfriend at the time made me go out to the bars the night after my mother's funeral. Granted, I'm sure I wasn't the life of the party and eventually made him take me home where I cried for an hour...but I'm sure I smiled a time or two. Some people only cry on the inside and show the world a happy face.

Still...this does seem pretty odd.

BusynMember

Yes, but she came to work two days after it happened.

I dunno. It could certainly be her hiding it, but I doubt if you would have been as functional and outwardly cheerful as she is. When she talks about it, and she does, it's all about how she will never see jail and it's quite loud. I find it really peculiar, but, hey, I don't understand all people...

svengandhi

I also watch the cold case stories and my first question is who are the beneficiaries of his life insurance?

I did not shed a tear when my parents died and even when my aunt, who I actually did love, died, I didn't cry at the funeral or any time since. H on the other hand sobs at the opening of a refrigerator. So, just because someone doesn't cry a lot doesn't mean they are a psychopath. I'm not, I just don't like to show emotion.

H rides a motorcycle and I have driven behind him many times. Unless the biker slowed down, if you are driving properly and keeping the right distance, you should not run over the back of the bike in front of you. It sounds suspicious to me.

susiestar

Roll With It
It sounds very strange and suspicious to me. Her reaction isn't normal at all.

I don't know if your situation involves someone who is a psychopath, but her actions are very very off. It could be that her attorney has advised her to act normally and this is the best she can do. I guess you will have to wait and see what happens. At least they took her license away.

BusynMember

Update: she doesnt have an attorney. Bloodwork has been done for alcohol level. I misunderstood. No alcohol results are back yet. She is still behaving as if she not only did nothing wrong, but doesnt feel bad about the boyfriend. I take cabbies to work at times and they know im the mechanics wife and talk to me mostly about her behavior. I just listen.

Very odd and has been very upsetting to those who see her every day. I can only imagine.