She showed up

DammitJanet

Yeah...I am trying to remember what college was like back in the dark ages. Remember back when there were...gasp...payphones in the hallways and lobbies! I remember calling my boyfriend and having to wait for someone to pass by to answer the phone and go get him...lol.

Gosh...we couldnt have even imagined having phones that went in our pockets...lmao.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Way To Go Nancy!!!!!:bravo::bravo:

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall. :rofl: I'd have loved to see her expression.

Sheesh

The utter nerve! :mad:

Travis is doing his own laundry. But I'm telling you after cleaning that boy's room I'm having serious doubts about ever letting him back into the house again. :sick::sick: I told easy child I may make him stay there over Thanksgiving break just to let him know just how displeased I was over the condition of his room and that I'm debating on letting him come back home at all. Isn't that evil of me?? LOL :redface:

Nancy

It's not evil at all Lisa. I have gone through about six layers of cleaning in her room so far. Every couple days I go in and tackle something else. Yesterday I spent 2 hours using goo gone to get all the stickers off her mirror. I haven't been able to see myself in that mirror for years. It looks so nice now. I also cleaned out her closet and with all the clothes she brought to college there isn't much left, it looks great. I have now successfully gone through every nook and cranny in her room....no drugs yay!!! After I fill the holes in the wall and move the bed to vacuum under it I will be done.

I really don't ever want to let her back in there.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow Nancy! Almost as bad as Travis' room. I kid you not we cleared out more than 20 of those heavy duty yard garbage bags full of trash from his room..........and OMG we still have a whole corner yet to do! Let me put it this way......it was soooooo bad.........husband wouldn't let me go near it until he'd cleaned in there for 4 days. He was scared to death I'd never let the kid back into the house, let alone his room. :rofl:

I admit, some of that is my fault. Once his room reached a certain stage I avoided it like the plague.......I just didn't really want to know. *shudder* But at least we found no mice carcasses.....yet. Haven't gotten the nerve to do the closet. It appears neat....but I'm wondering what may be lurking under that neatness.

Now I've got mice scurrying around downstairs cuz their food supply has been cut off. Soon as I'm done shampooing down here, I'm setting out traps. Bruce the cat is no mouser and I want em gone before winter sets in.

Nichole's room wasn't bad except...........endless puppies have piddled and pooed in that room and the recent kittens would "miss" the litter box when she forgot to clean it out. She left behind a few *cough* suprises. But lucky for her, the carpet shampooed up pretty darn well and no left over smells. But I already told husband that she won't be returning home.

Glad you're almost done with her room. Wish we were with Travis'. But we're making progress. Can empathize about the mirror, Nichole did that to one of my computer monitors. sigh

N

Nomad

hmmmm

Well Nancy...interesting stuff....

Our daughter does something very similar...gets a few bucks and buys food for the world. Then goes hungry. Then asks us for more money for food. It can tug at your heart...what to do? Don't want your kid to go hungry. We put the breaks on. It was hard at times, 'cause in our case when hungry, our daughter would explode (at times) and was actually in danger of being institutionalized. This last go around was a heart breaker. She had to go to a food bank for three weeks. In the end, she seemed to have learned something. I am praying and keeping my fingers crossed for this...for those so inclined...would appreciate the same. It was a HARD experience for me and husband.

RE: The totally rude and impolite/inappropriate behavior of dumping your laundry off and not thanking you...
HUMPH

I think you might have husband speak up and say....hey...this ain't appropriate in the least....

Do your laundry yourself or at least work with your mom. THANK your mom...let's see a CHANGE here....not having THIS CHICA anymore!

I wonder what, if anything, will happen with- your daughter sees her room CLEAN/refreshed.

My daughter had a weird reaction...sort of like it wasn't "her" room anymore!
I "think" it made her feel a little abandoned...a little confused...perhaps made her think to herself that mom would like it BETTER this way. Kinda made her want to live in her own place...it was INTERESTING. She almost PREFERS (mommy sniffles here) messy yuck.

Anyway, kuddos to you and husband and big big hugs.