She signed....

everywoman

PCdaughter is now officially in the Army National Guard Active First Progam.
She will not be an MP, thank God, her assault charge prevented that---although she said that the interviewers looked at the charge, looked at her, looked at the charge and laughed. They couldn't get over that she had an assault charge that was so bogus. She will go to boot camp on July 23 at Ft. Jackson. Then she will go to Augusta GA to Fort Gordon for AIT as a Systems Tech. I'm proud of her for making this choice, but I will miss her so much.

bby31288

Wow, great for easy child. Funny about the assult charge. But Kudos for her. She is taking charge of her life!!! Tell her I said good luck!

Steely

YAY! So happy for her!

(Will she have any chance of getting deployed? Or can your mommy heart rest easy on that?)

I'm also very, very proud of your daughter!!! At the same time, I know this must be extremely difficult for you. However, she deserves a huge THANK YOU from all of us!!! :proudamerican::liberty: WFEN

house of cards

I have 2 kids considering the millitary, I have mixed feelings. They can really get their life together, but it is scary. I am thankful to your daughter for stepping up, hopeful she gets alot out of the experience, and understand your concerns. Will keep all of our millitary in my thoughts.

TerryJ2

Ohhh, I can imagine the sense of ambivalence. The pride, and the sadness.
I wish her luck and strength and success. And you too!

everywoman

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am getting used to the idea. It will not be easy to have no contact for a long period of time---but I will bear through it somehow. She is such a great girl. I know it will be good for her. I guess I'm just feeling selfish.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It understandable that you would feel both proud and anxious. I'm sending my very best thoughts her way. Good job!

Suz

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending my hugs and prayers, and a big CONGRATULATIONS!!!

easy child - Thank you for stepping up to join the forces working to protect us as we go about our daily lives. Thank you for jumping in to help where others watch and wring their hands, wondering what to do. This will be the experience of a lifetime and you will learn much - not always what you want to learn, but hopefully what you need to learn.

You have my respect and my gratitude,

Susiestar

Everywoman, please let her know what I said. She has signed up for a tough job, no matter what they train her to do. Thank you for raising such a selfless, giving and strong daughter.

Hugs and Prayers,

susie