She Was AWESOME!!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
Jessie was AWESOME in her play today!!!!!

she was a farmer, so the costume was a plaid shirt and overalls and a straw hat. It was SO CUTE!! She works very well with a group, and her voice blends well. She knew EVERY line of every performer by thursday! Amazes me every year.

I didn't know until we left for the 1st performance that she was not allowed to leave between shows. Usually they have several hours and we are encouraged to go feed them. This year the performances were so close together this was not possible. So I left about 20 minutes before the 1st show ended to get bagels, cream cheese, pepperoni, and drinks.

She REALLY appreciated it. I also picked up 1 of the flyers I had posted (I volunteered for this as it is the ONLY way to get one for her wall - she has 1 from each year now.). I gave it to one of the dad's for his kids.

Gpa refused to go. Just wouldn't. Wizard was "too busy" playing Dungeons & Dragons, but if I was going to make a big deal he would let me pick him up and take him home after the show.

No frickin way!

Gma was at a quilt show in Kansas. She and her friend drove back in time to see the 2nd performance. Gma was NOT HAPPY with Wiz. We all feel we should not have had to make a "Big Deal" for him to come. Part of his refusal to come is because Gma is still sticking to the no D&D or Magic during the week, though he can have the D&D novels.

He is an idjit. He will learn it is NOT SMART to make Gma mad. And it is not good to hurt Jessie's feelings this way (It did).

Anyway, she was amazing and had a wonderful time. One of the lead characters was in the restroom the same time I was - she said Jessie is just amazing, always on cue and on key! I thought this was a great compliment.

Andy

That is awesome!!!! Good for Jesse!

Gpa and Wizard need to go to a corner (but not one of Abbey's - they need their own - one for naughty people who hurt our easy child's and difficult children feelings) and Gma can get them both.
She knows ways?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:bravo::bravo::jumphappy::whistle:

Way to go Jess!!!

Like we didn't know she'd be brilliant!! :D

Were you able to get pics?? OMG I'd love to see pics!!

Hugs

meowbunny

It sounds like she was wonderful. Knowing everyone's lines? WOWSER!!!

Hope Wiz and gpa get to suffer gma's wrath for being so selfish.

Give her a big hug from all of us. We're proud of her.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Susie -

NOW I must go get bagles, cream cheese and pepperoni! Yum -

I am so proud of Jessee - I'm sure there will be a picture or two??? Hmmmmm.
I can't believe she learned, and nailed it in that short of time - what an amazing kid. You should be proud. I am - and I'm just an Auntie! :D

As far as Wizard - yeah you know it sounds typical that they say "WHOT the day is not about me in any way (because usually with their behaviors it IS) so they MUST find a way to MAKE IT about themselves.

The faster we figured this out and learned the "Shrug" (without saying a word) at first Dude turned up the heat and then it was less and less until he has figured he's just as IN as anyone else is and the day doesn't HAVE to be about him ALL. THE. TIME.

And he's an only child - so that was hard.

GLAD FOR YOU - HAPPY FOR JESSEE -

AND ...........Putting in my King sized Christmas list now for a hand made quilt. lol. DF's family are quilters and OMG the stuff they make is just mind blowing. Yet they don't think it's THAT big - I would just croak to have one of their quilts.

Abbey

Spork Queen
That is so wonderful!!! That's one of those 'memories' that stick with you for life.

Now...my corner is NOT bad. pft

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Congrats for Jess...
Boo for Wizard... he better watch it one of those power cards will sneak up and bite him on the rear...