Sheila's mom with-an update

Sheila

Sheila went through her surgery with no complications. The doctor said she had lots and lots of arthritis in her neck. He cleaned it up suctioned out the residue and he said the plate they put over her spine fit well. They had to do three levels instead of two. I talked to her earlier this morning and she was having trouble talking but the doctor said that would happen because of the work they had to do.

She originally thought she would get to come home last night but the doctor didn't get finished with her until almost 8 pm. She and Robert are on their way home I guess ... it is 6:19 pm. I am sure she is going to be ready to climb a wall by the time they get home. Most likely they had to fill a prescription so that will take longer.

7: 15 pm They just got home. Sheila is a pretty weak but doing better than I thought she would be. Her neck is sore but she is resting in the recliner while Robert went to get her medication. She does have more feeling in her hands and fingers. She said her headache is much better and hopefully that will go away. Let me see what I can do to help her get more comfortable. Maybe I will have time to write more tomorrow.

Take care and God bless. Faye (Sheila's mom)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Faye,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your wonderful update on our girl! Tell her from Star that I kept her in my prayers all day and I'm glad she's feeling better.

:D GET WELL SOON SHE

tiredmommy

Thank you so much for the update. Hopefully she will continue to see improvement as she heals. Give her a {{{hug}}} from me!

susiestar

Roll With It
Thank you SO MUCH for the update. I am glad she has you and Robert to help her as she recovers.

I hope this helps as much as she hopes it will (actually I hope it helps MORE!)

Gentle hugs, Susie

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thanks so much for the update!!! What a scary thing to go through. Just know she has thousands of board friends who are thinking of her. What a great mom you are.

Abbey

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you Faye for keeping us updated on Sheila's progress. Prayers & good thoughts coming from MN that she recovers quickly with no complications.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thinking of Sheila as she recovers, hope any pain subsides quickly and thank you Faye, for keeping us updated!.........

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sheila's mom! So glad you wrote.
Take good care of Sheila. If her throat hurts-popsicles. They are a wonder drug.

Give her a hug from me and take care of yourself. Hope your dear husband is feeling better.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sending prayers for excellent pain control and complication-free healing!

Hope to see her back on the boards soon.

busywend

Oh how seet you are to update us!!!!

Thank you!

Sheila, still praying for you! Get better quick and make your guys get you whatever you want!