Sheila's mom with-an update

Sheila

What a wonderful group Sheila has rooting for her recovery. I am going to send my thanks and love along with Sheila's to all of you for sending such good wishes.

Sheila has done really well. Needless to say, she has had he share of pain but she had tolerated it as well as she can with the help of her pain medications.

Her biggest complaint right now is the persistent itching. After talking to the pharmacist this morning about getting something to help relieve that problem, we got her startedon benadryl.

The fun part came when we did the "school teacher bath". Since she couldn't have a really good shower, we put her in the tub in a shower chair, scrubbed the best we could and rinsed carefully to keep that neck brace nice and dry. Today is her third day out of surgery so maybe the worst of the battle is behind her.

Healing is the next target that we have in site. There will be a followup visit to the surgeon Jan. 6 to remove the stitches, but that does not mean she can discard that neck brace. Since there are three levels in the spine that was fused together she and that brace had better be the best of friends for the next few weeks because the doctor doesn't sound like he is going to release her from her "ball and chain" anytime soon

Sheila said to tell every one she will be back ASAP. She is having trouble reading the computer screen right now. The range of motion that she has in her neck is pretty well restricted by the brace.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks Sheila's mom. Give her my hugs. You are a trooper. Gottal love those shower chair baths.

klmno

Thank you for keeping us updated. I'm glad to hear that the recovery has started- although I'm sure wearing that neck brace is no fun. Please tell her we miss her but not to push herself- we will be right here when she's ready to come back!

Take care!

Sheila

Hi everyone. it lifted my sprirts considerably to read all the replies. Thnk you.

I'm not abl to read much right now. Some of the words float around on the pge. lolI've been having some reallyweird dreams also. Part of the medication problem I think.

Mom passes a long one of the hugs she saw on the board. When I'm yp to it, I'll hav to find the post(s)

I'm off to bed now. Goodnight and thanks again.

klmno

Hi, Sheila! It's good to see you post and know you are recuperating! Take your time- we'll save all our questions for you!! JK! Sending HUGS and well-wishes that you are feeling better soon!

smallworld

Sheila, glad the surgery is behind you and you're on the road to recovery. Sending many gentle hugs and positive healing thoughts your way.

TheOnlyMe

Relentless Warrior Mom
Hey Shelia, :redface:

Everything happens for a reason, as I know you, you would NOT;) of rested (which you needed) unless something happened like this, I pray this is a time of restoration to your Spirit, soul and body.

You have always been a blessing to so many, I am so thankful for you and can't wait to hear the GOOD report of you being better than ever, knowing you it was an Act of God for you to be pulled like a MO mule just to seek the help! LOL!

So enjoy your rest while recuperating and know on the other side there is still more of what is inside of you for you to impart into others like you have me!:help: Let (Allow) them (your family) to take care of you for a change and don't rush this time of regeneration!:flowers: Please tell your mom how sweet it was of her to update us, just shows the stock you came from! I might be coming your way next week.

Love Ya & am so thankful for all you have taught me:teacher: and supported me through in teaching me to learn the law, and how to pass on that knowledge to others! I consider being introduced to you as a life changing experience to me!

:star:Rhonda & ADL