Shelby update

Lothlorien

This dog has brought a new joy to this house. She absolutely adores the kids. Mighty Mouse takes her out in the morning and he carries her, which is funny to watch, because it's obviously not the most comfortable thing for her, but she loves him so much she just doesn't care. She whines and cries when they leave for school and is so excited when they come home, which is so different from Laney, who was probably thrilled when they left so she could have peace and quiet.

She makes me laugh so hard sometimes. She runs around like a cat in a burst of energy, which also makes the kids laugh uncontrolably.

She is so gentle. Never snaps food or bones. She even picks at her food and doesn't glom it all at once like most dogs do. I leave it out and she picks all day. It's amazing how great her temperment is.

Can you tell I'm just madly in love with her?

busywend

Awesome! I swear my mom's new dog saved her marriage. They have so much to laugh and talk about now.

Congrats on the new love in the house! Wonderful!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Awww! She sounds like Molly. :D

Now Molly still won't snap, or growl or anything, but she tends to run and hide when the grands come over. She's just too old to deal with them for more than a few mins. I miss those moments with her.

Betsy is awfully good tempered, which doesn't surprise me as she's Rowdy's daughter. She's such a silly goof, even at 4 yrs old. She makes me laugh so hard at times I'm crying.

Glad Shelby is such an exceptional dog, um furbaby!! :D

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It sounds like you need to add Shelby to your profile as a fully established member of your family. What a sweetheart. :flower:

Suz

tawnya

We have two rat terriers, and the one is old and lumpy. We call her Eeyore. The little "puppy" is almost four years old and makes me laugh every day. She is just a funny, happy, playful little dog. I am so grateful to have her because sometimes she is the only one who brightens my day!

I'm so happy you've found the same!