Shelf Stable Milk

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
For those wishing to stock up for bad weather, whatever........... Dollar Tree offers shelf stable milk (whole, 2%, and soy) for 1.00!!

If you don't have a Dollar Tree near you, krogers has it for 1.99.

This is GOOD milk. Just like regular milk, only you can store it on a shelf for a year or so. When you open it, refrigerate it. Great to have on hand in case of emergency. And tastes way better than powdered milk.

I picked up 5 at our new Dollar Tree store that just opened up. If they'd had more, I'd have bought more. :)

DDD

I'll look for it at Dollar Tree. Thanks for the tip. by the way, alot of people don't realize but you can freeze milk so you don't run out. That was a lifesaver when the kids lived at home. DDD

H

HaoZi

Parmalat? I've had that along with shelf stable soy and rice milks, but I actually like powdered milk, it's what I grew up on. I've learned how to make pretty decent scrambled eggs and omelets from powdered eggs, too.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm not sure what Parmalat is? This is just normal everyday milk that is processed so that it can sit on a shelf for up to a year.

I don't mind powdered milk either. I know how to mix it to make it taste more like normal milk. But just in case you don't have water available, or don't like powdered milk, this is good to have.

I've not tried the soy or rice so can't comment on them.

trinityroyal

Parmalat is one of the major dairy producing conglomerates, along with Neilson and Sealtest. I think they are one of the companies that produces the shelf-stable milk.

I only use milk in tea and for cooking, and I can't taste the difference between the shelf-stable milk and the "regular" milk.

H

HaoZi

Parmalat is the name brand of the shelf stable milk I know about, yes.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
There are several different brands of shelf-stable milk now.

Years ago, Parmalat was all there was, and I'd rather drink powdered milk than the way that stuff used to taste. Now? Can't tell the difference...

Lothlorien

Was looking for this just before the hurricane hit. We used to be able to buy it all the time, but for some reason, Shop Rite doesn't carry it anymore. The shelves where they sell shelf-stable milks, like rice and soy, were completely full, which I thought was funny, since every other shelf was cleared, but no Parmalat or even the space where it should have been. I haven't seen it in ages. I buy the kids Horizon milk, which is shelf stable organic, but it only comes in small 8oz containers.

I haven't noticed our Dollar Trees having it, but I haven't really particularly looked for it until the hurricane hit.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Loth you can also pick it up at krogers, Hershey makes it too now. It's 1.99 there. I've got several of theirs in my pantry too. I make a habit of picking up 2 each time I'm in the store. I'll do the same with Dollar Tree now too, probably look for it there first then hit kroger if they're out. Ours is still out, seems easy child and I aren't the only ones stocking up on the stuff.

At krogers I find it in the baking section next to the canned milk products.