She's GONE

susiestar

Roll With It
Star,

I am sorry Pootie is gone. I know you miss her.

Have you talked to the fosters to see what on EARTH Dude was trying to accomplish with his bizarre behavior on the phone call? Is he hoovering you into something? I only ask because that is just such strange behavior.

Hugs and prayers for safe return of our Pootie!

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh Star!!

I'm praying extra hard Pootie wasn't stolen for fighting. It makes my stomach lurch to even think of it. Praying hard Dude finds her, or the flyers turn her up.

easy child's pup was stolen........we think for fighting. (big around here) easy child never saw her again. New pup Buster is never allowed outside alone because of it.

If teens took her, I wonder if a small (say 50 dollar) reward might turn her up??

((((hugs))))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Susie - I PM'd you.

Daisy -

I've had 3 bulldogs stolen in the last 14 years. THIS ONE however - is like a grandbaby to me. I did post a reward for her.

I actually feel that if she's been stolen and is close - (neighbor said thieves were on foot) so does Dude - and he's not giving up the search - but now he has flyers. I swear I feel very sorry for anyone if they stole her and Dude finds them - I think all the anger he spewed out at me on the phone will be given to the person with her - full force.

He did agree when he finds her she is to come to grammas.

We're still hopeful.

THanks

DammitJanet

Star...do you know where any of the rings are located? Make a call to the local animal control officers and ask to speak to an investigator not just the secretary. The investigator is more likely to know where these rings are located in your area. I would actually invite him out to the house especially if he is one that patrols your area. Give him a picture of the puppy, express your concerns, and tell him you want her back with you pronto. Did she get the micro chip implanted yet? You do have vet bills to kind of ID here.

I know Jamie would be in the know of dog rings near him so he could go on a hunt and seek operation. Make a friend of the AC officer. He can be your biggest ally.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet -

EXCELLENT IDEA...........

I have a 12 x 36 poster sized picture I did for Dude - a montage if you will - of 3 of my favorite pics. Dude took that on his bike and rode around looking.

I will call and ask for an investigator - the police laughed and said "A pit bull? a bulldog?" well - you better call animal control. As if she was a common garden slug.

Dude may be in jail today for not paying probation. I got 3 calls yesterday. This tells me HE was upset. I never get a call for nuttin.

He's given up looking for her, can't handle the probation thing, wants to just chuck it all, and go live with dear old hideous daddy in fairyland - because after all I DID teach him to forgive and forget......

YEAH - NOT THAT!!!!!!!!!!! I really hate my x with a passion. And now? It's DADDY this and DADDY that and MY Daddy.....BARF IN A PAPER BAG.

When he asked if I was p/oed? I said - No - but find Pootie before you go. She loved it here.

Did you hear me scream?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh my, sending along MORE positive thoughts and good juju that she's not in a ring somewhere with evil people and just lost. Oh God. I hope the right persons come across the posters and call. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay to update and thank you for all your suggestions - If I have missed any don't hesitate to wave a flag and say HEY WHAT ABOUT MY IDEA!!!!!

I have called the local county detective for that area - who has an answering machine and reports crime in that area only. I left him a message. i hope he calls back. I said originally we thought she was lost, but someone has come forward saying they saw 2 teens running through the woods with her to the bad neighborbood behind this house.

I listed her on dogdetective.com
I listed her on findthatpet.com
I listed her on craigslist.com as stolen
I listed her with the 2 counties animal control
I listed her with the city animal control
I put her picture in the newspaper under lost/found.
I am telling Dude to put her on MY SPACE as STOLEN on his page.
I have sent faxes to all the above for a visual.

Dude had 30 or so posters I made up and posted them in stores where they sell dog food and treats.

I asked 2 sheriffs depts for dog ring addresses - and got OH WE DO NOT HAVE ANY REPORTED DOG RINGS....BULL! I said BULL too.

I called the sheriff's dept and asked to fill out a report.

I checked with radio stations - no good.

TV ? What a joke. Just to put her flyer on there.

So keep her in your prayers. Dude says he's giving up as it makes him sick. I told him I'll never give up. I want my baby back.

:(

mom_in_training

Star* have you possibly checked to see if there are any forum groups or site where people within the community that she went missing from can post the current happenings locally? I discovered a while back that there is a forum dedicated to the community that I live in. Do not know if one does exist for the area that Pootie went missing but you can check here http://www.topix.net/forum/recent or just search it out on your computer.

Steely

H. was very involved in the Pit Bull rescue community. Her baby Petey, is a pitbull. (Her girlfriend now has custody of Pete - but this is one thing I am OK with. She loves Petey just like H. did.) Anyway, she frequented many of the pit bull rescue message boards. Maybe they could offer some help?

One of the most common things that happen to these dogs is that they are either stolen, and sold - or stolen and trained to fight illegally. I would be looking at ads on craiglist for pits for sale - and I would be networking to see if people know of any local dog fighting rings.

ALL my thoughts are with you.

PS. The "daddy" thing is like hearing nails on a chalkboard, isn't it. I can barely choke back my tongue when difficult child starts on that bent.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Star, I see all kinds of peripheral things but did you go to the shelters in person over the weekend?

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks all - will keep checking the forums....

and Suz - all our shelters were closed!!!! OMG I was furious. One was open until noon. (gosh thanks)

I went to one last night and did a walk through -

OMG I work with rescue /shelter dogs - but the pound was just pitiful. And so many babies -

WHY cant' people neuter or spay? WHY? Don't they know that breeding their dog to get that ONE dog out of their dog will more than likely end up in it going to the pound and being put to death?

And like the death camps in germany - these dogs had paint markings on their heads so the kennel staff knew when their color was up they are put to death.

Pooties poster was displayed prominently - I was glad for that.

I went to a web site about a woman who tracks and has a dog that smells stolen dogs. (I'm a bit skeptical) but she did have some really good information about how and what works and that most people that steal - steal bulldogs and yorkies.

And that a lot of times if it's a kid - (of course no one lives in this fresh hell here and knows about the dog fighting problem) but most times if a dog is taken by a kid - it's a spur of the moment thing and once it poops the parents are overwhelmed and tell them to get rid of the dog - so MAYBE she'll be found wandering = maybe. :(

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Star

Make sure to post flyers in all the local vet offices, grooming places.

Pootie is a puppy. She's gonna need shots. Some vet is gonna see her. (hopefully) You want him to see her and say "Hey, I know this pup!" and then go look at your flyer.

If some kid snatched her for his family, his parents might decide she needs cleaned up, nails clipped whatever. Most people don't do this themselves. (you won't believe what my Mom pays to have even the simplest things done) So the grroomer's are the place to post.

Check under Yahoo Groups and see if your community has a bulletin board type group going on there.

Check under Yahoo Groups and get her posted onto Freecycle as LOST. They'll do it. We've had several on ours.

The more people see that picture, the more likely you are that she's found.

H*ll, stick flyers up in laudrymats, grocery stores, feed stores........

But don't forget to hit the vet offices and groomers.

We had a boxer running the neighborhood for a while. Sweet ol' boy. Well, not old. Maybe only 2 or so. Loved Molly and Betsy. Came to visit everyday. So I'd feed him once I figured out he was stray. I kept calling the dog warden because he was too beautiful not to have been someone's dog. Called the humane society. Dog warden wouldn't pick him up. (I was afraid he'd get hit by a car or picked up by one of our dog rings)

FINALLY, the humane society posted an ad about a stolen boxer. Fit this boy right down the line. I called them 3 times that day before I got someone with a brain. She drove out in her car to pick him up herself, even though they don't do that. And he was sucessfully returned to his family. He'd been gone 6 weeks.

Still praying hard for little Pootie's return.

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy -

A veterinarian can not "legally" call you if he even suspects its a stolen dog. I didnt' know that - I saw it on a dog detective web site.

I think however - that there is a roadside vet that comes - and I swear I'm going to sit there and wait - these people if they stole her aren't going to take care of her like we would - and maybe yes, buy food - but not shots, and flea treatment and heart worm preventative -

So I don't know if they'll take her for shots or give them to her or not.

Having a hard time getting the police to call me back so I'm typing out a statement and hand delivering it - and the cop can just assign a number and give me a copy back so it is on file. Honeslty - difficult child is a lookout for 3 home invasions and gets the book thrown at him - our granddog gets stolen and we can't get someone to make a report. NO justice -
:mad:

janebrain

Star,
just wanted to tell you how sorry I am about Pootie being missing and I keep checking for an update that maybe you have found her. Sounds like you are really leaving no stone uncovered to find her. Thanks for being able to respond to my post about difficult child--it is kind of you to still be thinking of others when I know how distraught you must be!
Hugs,
Jane

everywoman

Star---I was looking on Craig's list today for Pcson (just moved to the capitol and is looking for an obedience school so he can take his dog back) and saw your ad for Pootie. I noticed it, clicked and saw the picture and knew it was her. I hope she comes home soon. And if you know of any obedience school up your way, let me know.