She's Home!!!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Thank heavens! difficult child is home!!!

She got off the school bus at 5pm....

She says she WAS at school...

In In-School Suspension.

??????????????????????????????????

So now, is difficult child telling the truth and the school simply "lost track" of a student who was not in class--but was in the school anyway in the dentention room??????

Did the bus driver make a mistake when she said that difficult child did NOT get on the bus this morning????

Is difficult child lying about the whole thing?????

difficult child did have a "detention slip" showing that she was supposed to report to detention today....but she never mentioned it....nor did the school call to notify us that difficult child had received an In-School Suspension.

All of this stress....I just don't know what to think any more.

I think my head is going to explode!

Meanwhile, difficult child could care less. Why didn't she mention detention? cause she says she just doesn't care.....

Thank you everyone, for all the thoughts and prayers. I can't believe we had to file a missing person report and everything....

--DaisyFace

Andy

I am so glad she is safe!

Now you need to wait until tomorrow for some clarification from the school? I would not put it past a school to "misplace" a student but the staff in charge of the in-school suspension will know.

The bus driver can be excused for not remembering, especially if she is not the only one to board at that bus stop.

Good Luck!

P.S. Being terrified was called for - I hope you don't have to go into being angry with her - you may be able to have that anger turned at a school who doesn't check their data.

smallworld

I recommend driving difficult child to school tomorrow and parking yourselves near the principal's office until you can get a straight answer about what the heck is going on. You need to know for sure whether difficult child was at an in-school suspension all day or not. Someone's not telling the truth, and you need to know who it is.

Hang in there and hugs. At least difficult child is safe.

wasnt_me331

Thank the good Lord that she is safe and at home. Regardless of her nonchalant attitude, it has to make her feel good that you were concerned and more than a little freaked out. She may act like it's no big deal, but don't hide how scared you were ... she needs to know.

I agree with smallworld in her thoughts of going straight to the school in the morning and demanding answers. I would also make sure they knew of the missing persons report.

Jena

hi, ok that's a relief.

I went thru same exact thing a few weeks ago with easy child. it can be one of those experiences that give you grey hairs!

glad she's home, and chk into the school thing, my school overlooked fact she had an inschool.

ugh!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I echo smallworld's suggestion. The school owes you an apology if she was in fact there and the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. If that's the case, they caused a HUGE amount of chaos for their oversight and ineptitude, and somebody needs to know that and take responsibility for the mess they made.

Glad she's safe!!!

DDD

I bet your torn between hugging her death and slapping her silly! :redface:
Life with difficult child's is never relaxing. I'm so glad she's safe. Good luck on the next steps. DDD

Marguerite

I'm glad she was home. I just posted on your other thread, but it's now locked. My concern is for the romance of the situiton, from her point of view. I remember my own teen years...

A good dose of reality is called for, especially for the school if thye got it wrong. But if they didn't get it wrong, then the sooner she is "sprung" the better.

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
I just came to these threads! I am glad she is now safe, but what a hard day you had!!!

I agree someone isn't telling the truth, or the entire truth.

It is really easy to get your hands on the ISS slips, at least at every school I know of.

If school called and she really was in ISS, I would have a COW.

If she wasn't in ISS (which should be easy to prove or disprove), then the police need to come talk to her and her older dangerous boyfriend may have to face charges if she was with him.

Be sure to let the police know she was found.

mstang67chic

Going Green
So glad she's home!

From my experience, it's best to confront the school in a calm and non-confrontational manner. I've went to bat for difficult child many times only to feel like an idiot so now I still go to bat but in a different way. And it is entirely possible that they messed up. One year, difficult child was suspended on a Wednesday. On Thursday, someone from the attendance office called to ask me why we didn't call him off sick. I was exasperated but explained. On Friday, the VERY SAME person called to ask the VERY SAME question AGAIN. husband let her have it. We've also had a vice principal confront us with truancies for difficult child in an IEP meeting only to be told by me and my handy dandy purse calendar that no, he was NOT truant....he was suspended by HER.

Then again....who knows. But don't let the school blow it off until you are 100% convinced one way or another.

Hugs.