She's on her way to the hospital

Nancy

Never a dull moment with her. She texted to say she is going to the hospital because she ate all day yesterday and the pain is still really bad. She has to go to the county hospital since she has no insurance and is indigent so she will most likely be there all day and I'm sure she won't tell them her alcohol and drug use. I told her to let me know if she wanted me to come there but I suspect she will not because I will tell them her history.

Nancy

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I don't suppose it has occurred to her that after not eating for several days, eating "all day yesterday" could make things worse...

I suspect you are right re the history. :sigh:

:hugs: for you, sweetie.

S

Signorina

Oh Nancy, I am just getting caught up and I am so sorry you are on the roller coaster again. She's in touch, that must mean something...{{{hugs}}}

Calamity Jane

Oh boy. I hope everything turns out alright, Nancy. Are any of her "friends" keeping her company all day? Sigh. Hugs to you and husband in the meantime. Let us know how things work out.

Nancy

She just got out. husband had to meet her there on his way home from work to give her money for her prescription. No Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) but they think maybe an infection with her IUD so they took a culture, gave her a shot and prescription for antibiotics and told her to follow up with the gyn dept. She told husband she only had $10 and no food or dog or cat food so her gave her $60. We think the prescription is free at the grocery store so she can buy some food for a few days. If she uses it for alochol then that's her problem, she will have to starve.

She never did get to apply for food stamps yesterday because the line was too long so she has to go tomorrow. I feel awful, I hate seeing her live this way.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
I'm glad that she was able to get medical care. I think you are right about why she didn't ask you to go with her. I was shocked when my difficult child agreed to let me go with her to her psychiatrist appointment. I think the outcome was very different since I was there.

Is she still denying that she has a substance abuse problem? It amazes me what the can consider normal. Especially when they grew up in very different circumstances.

~Kathy

Nancy

Yes Kathy she is still in denial. easy child was saying tonight that alcohol must be so much more important than food to her because she could never live that way and would be so depressed.

Nancy

Nancy

She texted me a few minutes ago and said she loved me. I told her I loved her too. I just wish she wanted a different life.

Nancy

A

AmericanGirl

Nancy, I'm happy she was treated. Know this is beyond painful in so many ways. Praying for you to find some peace and for her to find strength to get help.

exhausted

When they are this sick, they have no idea what they are doing. The drive to block what is going on inside is just consuming. She does love you-she just can't get control. And they can hardly even hear the advise we give them. They are bent on self-destruction. 2 steps forward, twelve steps back. They choose to swim up the river and fight the current. They just don't get that the life they want is down stream and would be so much better. In my daughters case, the mental illness makes the path just that must more difficult. ((Hugs)) Nancy.

buddy

hope she got her m eds and will follow up with the gyn. It really is sad, I am sorry for your hurting heart.

Nancy

She got an appointment next Friday with the GYN. I'm sure they are going to take the IUD out because of the infection. I told her I wanted to go with her so we could figure out what other form of bc she could use, pill is out of the question and it has to be something she is not responsible for using because she won't. She said last night was the first night she slept without waking in pain so I guess the antibiotics are working. The nurse told her today they tested for std's and it was negative (shaking my head in complete amazement).

She has food for a few days and said she will go apply for food stamps Monday. I mentioned that I did not want her to go hungry but I also could not give her anymoney that she would use for alcohol and drugs. She said she wasn't buying any right now. As soon as she is feeling better she will be back to her old self.

Nancy

Calamity Jane

Nancy, it's good she texted you that she loves you - it reminds us of their humanity and vulnerability even though they make unsupportable choices. I hope she's feeling better today.

dashcat

Just saw this, Nancy. I hope and pray that she's reaching a point where she connects the dots between her lifestyle choices and the way she is feeling.
Dash