She's Still a Tenant

meowbunny

She keeps whining that she wants to do things together, go places. I keep telling her she knows what she needs to do to have that happen. She still sleeps all day when not working, picks up her messes only if I remind her, keeps her room a pigsty. I count down the days until August 31.

Apparently, she decided she didn't want to move in to this guy's apartment. Of course, she refuses to say why she won't, so my gut feeling is the boys found someone else. I don't really care. Just relieved it didn't happen.

Right now she's really upset because she is off of my car insurance, which means no driving my baby. Her scooter is also uinsured. (Florida does not require it carry insurance.) Fortunately, any damage it could do would pretty minimal. Damage caused to it would, of course, be another story. I'm just swallowing and praying on this one.

Other than that, we're in a holding pattern. I want my daughter back but not on her terms -- they're just not acceptable and cause too much strife. I do miss her. At least as landlord/tenant, we do talk about her day and I know she's safe. I guess that's all I can ask for at this time.