Shoes that Run Away.

susiestar

Roll With It
I have 4 pairs of shoes. One pair blue crocs. One pair grey clog type sneakers with springs in the heels (zcoil brand - amazing). One pair black heels. One pair brown sandals.

At any time I can find 3 shoes. No 2 of the shoes are from the same pair.

I put my shoes in the bin by the door and I have ONE place where I put the pair I am wearing that week. NO ONE else in the house wears my size shoes. Jessie's feet are 2 sizes bigger already!

I actually WATCHED the cats get shoes out of the bin and wrastle them. Then Morgan took ONE croc and ran away with it. It is no wehre to be found.

I finally found the spring heeled clog sneakers and made a special place for them. IN A DRAWER THE CATS CAN'T GET TO!!!

Does anyone else have cats that steal their shoes? I was ready for the kids (Jessie really) to do this, but the CAT???

The Frimpin CAT doesn't even go OUTSIDE!!! What does he want with my SHOE???

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl:

I dunno about the cat.

But I know that if I'm looking for a pair of shoes, or even flip flops, I can only ever find the right one. I'm always searching high and low for the left one. One day I did this with at least 3 pairs of flip flops and 3 pairs of shoes. Nichole thought it hilarious. I didn't. It drives me crazy.

The dogs learned to leave shoes alone as puppies because if I catch a puppy with a shoe I bop em on the fanny with it and say NO. Hmmmm I'd accuse Bruce except this has been going on since before he joined the family.

Why is it only the left shoe out of every pair missing? Weird.

I went thru it this morning too. Right tennis shoe was on my foot and I'm hunting all over to find the left one. ugh

donna723

I don't have inside cats, but I have a dog that will take things out of the clean laundry, play with them, and then hide them! I looked all over the house for my ONLY black bra and finally found it shoved down between the sofa cushions! I should have looked there first - that's where she likes to keep her little stash of stuff!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I hide things from the animals all the time. Pens and pencils seem to be a favorite with my cats. Can't leave one alone on my desk. If there is a bunch they leave them alone but not one. They take husband's tools too. Such resorceful creatures. Now if only it was for good instead of bad.

beth

KTMom91

Miss KT used to blame the cat for everything that was missing, broken, or messed with. Maybe it really WAS Stormy???

susiestar

Roll With It
A lid on the bin would do no good. Morgan can even open the rubbermaid container I keep the cat food in!! (Maybe this is why a perfectly gorgeous seal point siamese was at the pound??)

My cats are SOOOO past pens and pencils. They could care LESS about them. MY cats just lay on the keyboard, LOL!!! (But it is true, they really DO!)

Stella Johnson

A lid on the bin would do no good. Morgan can even open the rubbermaid container I keep the cat food in!! (Maybe this is why a perfectly gorgeous seal point siamese was at the pound??)

My cats are SOOOO past pens and pencils. They could care LESS about them. MY cats just lay on the keyboard, LOL!!! (But it is true, they really DO!)

SO's cat lays on the keyboard too. I thought he was the only weird one. That's too funny.

His new kitten runs off with my shoes if they are light enough. I have a baby dachsund that takes my shoes out the doggy door to chew up. GRR She is the only dog in this house that eats shoes. My others never did that. Totto did eat my glasses once right after I got him.

Steph

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Bruce "hunts" my cigarette lighters. I keep them up on the computer desk out of Aubrey's reach. I've caught him batting it all over the desk. lol He doesn't do pens or pencils. But he does get ticked when I'm doing homework and will plop right ontop of the book.lol

donna723

One thing I have to be extremely careful of ... plastic disposable razors! If there's one in the garbage, the dogs will find it, take it out, and crunch it up! I've had to start taking them directly out to the big garbage can outside instead of dropping them in the little trash can in the bathroom! (The razors, not the dogs!) I don't know what the big attraction is, but they'll get them every time! So far we haven't had any injuries but it's a miracle! I do not want to be the owner of the dog known as 'Katy the Tongue-less Wonder' or 'Three-toed Ragan'!

susiestar

Roll With It
The cats don't chew up the shoes. They WRESTLE with them, but no teeth marks are found. It is esp funny to watch.

Today I found Captain Morgan wrastling a LOAF OF BREAD!!!! Not sure why, guess it was interesting. This explains the mangled loaves of bread I have been yelling at the kids about. (I did apologize to the kids when they came home from school, LOL)

Susie