Shop Small Nov 24!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I know that many of us are excited about Black Friday. Has anyone heard of Small Business Saturday?

I have seen a couple of ads about this and I think it is great. It is an effort to encourage people to shop at locally owned business for at least part of their holiday shopping this week. I can think of several locally owned stores that I would like to shop at -and I think I may focus my efforts there.

Will you consider increasing your spending to locally owned businesses this year? Would you do it anyway or do ads about Black Friday help you forget about the smaller businesses??

I just think it is a great idea, esp with all of the hype about Black Friday from the major chains.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I did Black Friday twice in my whole life. Once to get my digital camera for a steal, which I did after standing in line over an hour and nearly having heart attack when I thought hand out would end with the guy in front of me. I lucked out, turned out he wanted the video camera and they'd already sold out. I got it for about 1/3 normal price. Second time the girls talked me in to black friday at the outlet mall. Talk about a nightmare! I didn't buy a darn thing, neither did they. I never did it again, nor do I plan to in the future.

I will pay a visit to one of our local 2nd hand shops that is my favorite place to go downtown, though, this weekend. The rest I simply can't afford.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I've worked Black Friday, back when I was at Target for 3 years running and one season at THE MALL. I've been out shopping - once midmorning - NIGHTMARE. A couple of times mid-to-late afternoon - no problems. I live about 1.5 miles from the mall, so traffic is nuts... And the theater Onyxx works at is in an outlot at the mall. UGH!

I'd MUCH rather shop small. MUCH.