Short husband vent.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
HE LEFT MEAT TRIMMINGS IN THE SINK AGAIN!!!

GROSSSS!!!!! IT REEKS!

Vent over.

Thank you for your time.

skeeter

ohhhh- let me tell you about the time I came down and found both sides of my double sink plugged with the "washings" of jerky. The ex (I'm trying not to call him jerk, but I did that day!) was gone for the day. I tried to unclog the sink, including taking the trap off. I finally went out and bought a snake to use with the drill, then couldn't find the drill. He evidently had it in his van - and he was at a property that didn't have electricity!

I left the whole mess like that until he came home at 8:30 that night. I asked him if he didn't "notice" the sink was plugged, and he said "I just thought it was draining slowly". I told him to fix it NOW. And went to bed.

Did I mention he's the ex?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Good plan making him an ex.

Oh yeah, we've had the jerky remnants, too.

And he used to peel potatoes into the sink (we do NOT, nor have we ever, had a garbage disposal).

This time, it was "just" trimmings from pork steaks that we had 3 nights ago.

crazymama30

I think I will just listen, venting right now would get way out of control on my part.

The meat trimmings thing, that is gross. So is the jerky thing. My husband gives me other trials, but cleans that type of thing up.

KTMom91

I understand completely.

We don't have a garbage disposal, either. However, we do have a wire mesh colander in the sink, for dumping wet garbage, like soggy cereal. Learned that trick from my Nana. It would be nice, though, if I was not the only one genetically capable of dumping the gross, disgusting thing before it became a gross, disgusting, and stinky thing.

Yep. I hear you.

Marguerite

I am so, so lucky. I have a house-trained husband. We have strict hygiene rules in our kitchen and we raised the kids to follow them too.

Tonight we had fish, including prawns (shrimp). husband has a system for peeling prawns, it is so second-nature to him that there is no mess at all. He peels them from the bag they're in, into another plastic bag which is in the sink or sometimes inside another container (to hold the bag open). Once the bag the prawns came in is empty, that bag goes in with the prawn shells. The whole lot gets compressed down, put into another plastic bag, and put into the freezer. No trace of prawn liquid gets on the bench or anywhere other than a plate. Meanwhile the prawn shells stay in the freezer until garbage night, so even our garbage bin doesn't smell.

Meat trimmings in the sink? Never! Not even in the rubbish bin, not without freezing first. Or if they go into the bin, they bin gets immediately emptied and a new bin liner put in. Oh yes, and it's husband who takes the old bin bag out to the large rubbish bin outside.

I love to brag...

Marg

donna723

Sometimes it's as much the little things adding up as it is the BIG things that cause them to become an "ex"!

Reason #96,834 why I divorced him: Believe it or not, I have a 'sink' story too! We lived in Florida back then and he had gone to the beach with his brother at night. supposedly to go crabbing. He came home at 6:00 a.m., blearly eyed and drunk as a skunk, with a bucketful of little 2" wide crabs - LIVE crabs, 50 or 60 of them! He filled the kitchen sink with water, dumped the crabs in the sink, then staggered off to the bedroom and passed out dead to the world as only the very, very drunk can do. It wasn't five minutes before the *%#& things were climbing out of the sink and running around on the counters, across the kitchen floor ... everywhere! A few made it in to the living room! Now some people may have been brave enough to stick their hand in that sink full of nasty little crabs and drain the water out, but certainly not me!

I took advantage of the only resource I had available to me - an iron skillet! I was running around my kitchen whacking them with the skillet, the few that made it all the way to the living room were shooshed outside with the broom. If you can even imagine the smell and the mess from having a kitchen full of splattered crabs ... I should have kept that skillet and put it to better use! He's just darned lucky that he emerged from our 'marriage' without the words, "WEAREVER" imprinted on his forehead!

DammitJanet

OMG Donna...that is hilarious! Lmao. I think I would have caught them in a colander and put them in the bed with him and taped a note to his chest that said...Honey...you have crabs!

TerryJ2

GROSS Shari!

Donna, why waste a perfectly good opportunity? You could have claimed he had a crab on his head and it was going to bite him and you saved the day.

Yeah, I would have saved a few for a future husband attack, too, Janet.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
For a minute there.... I though this was a vent about husbands who are of short stature. See, that's what happens when I sleep for two days and live on tea, toast, sudafed and cough syrup. :)

donna723

Hee hee! I did too! I mean, I knew that's probably not what it was, but that's the way it hit me!

I was gonna say, "Well, no use venting now! You knew how tall he was when you married him. And maybe he's still growing a little bit!"

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hee hee! I did too! I mean, I knew that's probably not what it was, but that's the way it hit me!

I was gonna say, "Well, no use venting now! You knew how tall he was when you married him. And maybe he's still growing a little bit!"

Maybe that isn't the part that came up "short"....? LOL!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
OMG, the crab story is too much!

Marg, careful with that bragging...might just have husband and Wee on a plane to AussieLand...

Marguerite

I hasten to say - not all Aussie males are this well-trained. My mother raised my brothers to be able to cook and keep house, so we did the same. But my eldest sister's husband was the sort of pain in the neck you are describing.
For a time they lived in Port Macquarie, a lovely seaside town north of Sydney. Now, there is a tricky harbour entrance there, a bar which silts up and you have to be careful boating in or out over the bar. You have to time it between the waves. It's OK for the bigger boats, the trawlers, but the little "tinnie" so commonly used by Aussie fishermen, that is high-risk.

My brother in law went fishing with a mate. He took my sister's best kitchen knife with him (always a bane of contention - he would take her kitchen utensils and totally wreck them, often re-grinding a spatula to make a screwdriver, for example, simply because he'd misplaced his screwdriver). So he went fishing, took the best kitchen knife (a new one) and of course, after a day's fishing, they came in over the bar and capsized. Lost the catch, lost the knife - lost everything. Even the boat.

And he couldn't understand why he got no sympathy, and why she was angry.

Why did they capsize? It should have been easy. Well, they had been drinking, of course!

Marg

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I understand this all too well.

I never know who it is that leaves food in the sink (well, sometimes I do). Of course I clean it out. I just hope nothing bites me.

We do have a disposal, but I learned long, long ago - don't put potato peels down the disposal. I lived in an apartment at the time and even Drano won't dissolve them. But it will burn the skin of the maintenance guy.

And the crab story made me laugh... I'll not hijack the thread though.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I feel so bad saying this :tongue:don't throw eggs at me... but like Marg, husband is trained. I feel bad even saying trained! He is just such a good guy he wants to help me and honestly wants to make my life easier.
The only thing he doesn't really do is the laundry. He tries to fold it but not wash. He has even gone so far as to tell his friends what jerks they are by not helping their wives out! LOL
Partnership... I cook and do most of the stuff but he helps.