Short update on Bart's court case and his ex's new shenanigans

BusynMember

She is now pro se.

She is calling, as an expert witness, the psychologist whom was court ordered to take care of co-parenting issues between Bart and herself only she didn't stick to the plan and took Junior in to see him without Bart. The poor man is being subpenoed by ex and I'm sure Bart's lawyer will also, although his lawyer also has a motion to "quash." I'm not sure how to spell that. So far this lawyer has gotten everything he wanted and ex has been yelled at by the judge.

Bart has been soooooooooooo relaxed and happy lately. It's a relief and a pleasure. He knows he's going to get at least residential custody (no-brainer) if not legal custody. Ex keeps thumbing her nose at the court and now she has no lawyer.

I hope it all goes as well as it seems to be going for both Bart and especially Junior's sake.

A good lawyer is a gem. His last lawyer was not anywhere near the level this one is.

I plan on going out to visit this spring and hope it's over by then!!!

Ok, that's about it. Take care, all :)

Albatross

That is great news SWOT! I am so happy to read that Bart and Junior are able to relax and have some stability.

I think the ex should be verrryy careful...my husband always says the cardinal rule is to never ask a question if you don't know what the witness's answer will be...

BusynMember

Well, ex is as big or bigger a D C as any here. Bart is pretty insightful, smart, and knows how to behave in court. EX thinks that if s he just talks a lot, the people she talks to will finally see it her way. Currently she is trying to get Junior moved to a nearby school (for her) because she insisted on moving so far that it's a real trek for her to drive to his current school. But that won't happen. Judges don't like to uproot kids from school and he is doing very well on all fronts at his current school, has friends, and loves it there. She has already been told it won't happen by the judge, but she keeps doing it by trashing Junior's excellent school.

Sad thing is, and she doesn't know this but Bart's lawyer told him about it, Judge went to Junior's school that ex is trashing. His father did too. Both of them obviously went on to great schools and both are judges. Or else father WAS judge. Not sure about that. On top of that, Judge's wife is the head of the teacher's union for that district and ex keeps trashing and trashing the school to get Junior to a school outside of the county. That did not go over well last time, but she keeps doing it.

I am a relieved mom.

Let's face it, we do worry about our kids and grandkids, no matter how old we are or they are. Bart found this lawyer by asking his old lawyer in a tactful way who the best lawyer for his needs were and she told him, "Mr. X is a great lawyer. I always hate to face him in court." From what I've heard, I can understand why, yet he has a good heart and will not take cases where the father or mother is just in court for revenge or hate of their ex. He really does seem to care about Junior's best interests and is not shy about telling Bart when he feels he has done something he shouldn't do. I feel confident that my little grandson, such a sweet boy, is in good hands.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
It sounds like things are going really well for Bart.

The ex keeps getting bigger shovels and digs her hole deeper and deeper.

I'm glad Bart has a good lawyer and a sensible judge.

New Leaf

Sounds like ex will just keep talking herself right out of what her desired outcome is. Guess some people just don't realize others can see their angle. Crossed fingers and toes that all goes well. Glad your son has a straight shooting lawyer, a judge that sees through the theatrics and went to the school she is trashing to boot.
Thanks for the update SWOT, pulling for Junior and Bart!
Leafy

BusynMember

To be factual, not mean, ex is one of the least intelligent people I have ever met. She doesn't learn from her mistakes at all and never has. I knew it was not a good match when Bart introduced her to us (we all did), but I'm not t he sort of mother who sticks her nose into grown children's business. They don't want to hear it anyhow. He admits he would have married her regardless as they were young and 300 lbs. earlier, she was hot.And after he married her, he saw problems, but didn't want to break up the family.

I hope she does get help of some sort though. Junior needs a better mother. I know what it's like to have a somewhat crazy mother and Junior is really scared of her. Erratic mothers are the pits.

New Leaf

Erratic mothers are the pits.
Ohhhh do I ever know this, my daughter is erratic, ornery and just plain mean at times. She is smart though. The drugs have taken their toll on her.
I hope she is getting help for her and my grands sake. sigh.

It really is all about the grandbabies. They are the future.......hopefully, they will learn what NOT to do...

leafy

BusynMember

You are so right, Leafie. Sadly, Junior has been through a lot with ex running off with another man then throwing Junior at New Honey a month later, before she had even filed for divorce so Bart filed first. Then Junior has to go from home to home, which is common now, but not the greatest for a little boy. On the up side, Junior is VERY resilient. But he does not need to switch schools. School is a place where he succeeds a lot, academically and socially, and also a place that represents stability to him.

Our grands are so very precious, aren't they?

New Leaf

Our grands are so very precious, aren't they?
Yes, they most certainly are. I miss my little hooligans. Perhaps I will be able to find them one day and give them a big hug.
Until then, I will be fervently praying for their safety. It is tough, to love children so and know what a mess their lives are. My oldest grand from Tornado, has been to 6 different schools, due to his parents constant moving around...... he is only 11, and somewhat of a D C, himself (who wouldn't be?). He was last with us for a year and 1/2 going to a cultural based charter school near us, and making strides in attitude. His teachers absolutely loved him and recognized leadership qualities. ( I told them sheesh, send that kid home...LOL)SIGH.
I have come to accept that it is not up to me to raise them, we tried and the States goals were to "reunite" the family. Justice and children's rights- blind.......
Well, prayers and giving it to a higher power, thankfulness we had them when we did, hopefully they will remember the love and hugs, not the hurtful propaganda from their parents.....
one day at a time.......
leafy

BusynMember

You said it, Leafie. It's all about reunification.

Leafie, I was a foster mother for a while. The system is the pits. One little boy was thrown against a wall by Mom and was in a body cast for a year while with a foster family who loved him and wanted to adopt him. Of course, Mom came back, and Social Worker proclaimed her reformed. Three months after getting him back, she gave him back, saying she didn't want him anymore. Did they give the poor boy back to the foster family who had loved him and wanted to a dopt him? NO! He went to another foster home. By now, he was a mess. The new foster family called the social worker and told t hem they didn't want him anymore so the first foster family FINALLY got him and adopted him, but he was so damaged by then.

Our Child Protective Services (cough) at work. I'm sorry about your grands. I don't see my grandson much either because he lives far away, but I do get to see my daughter's daughter quite often (out of state, but much closer).

Copabanana

Serenity, I am so pleased for you, Junior, Bart. All of you.

It is all unfolding as it should. I am glad Bart feels some security now, and that ireal security for Junior looks like it is soon to come.

This woman is a foolish and self-indulgent person who caused all of her problems by over-reaching. She believes she can control everything and nobody else has any rights. Kind of like a stupid version of my sister. I feel not one iota of compassion for her. She is not a good mother. Your grandson deserves way better.

COPA

New Leaf

Our Child Protective Services (cough) at work. I'm sorry about your grands. I don't see my grandson much either because he lives far away, but I do get to see my daughter's daughter quite often (out of state, but much closer).
I guess we just have to take the good with the bad, eh? Out of my control......it is okay, I am thankful we had them when we did, hubs is really not stable enough to raise any more kids, he is getting grumpier by the minute....I hope all turns out well for your grandson.

Agree totally with the "system" it is broken....part of the problem is it is too taxed, too many kids out there needing help, the concern more for parental rights than the reality of their situation. I think for many, even bad foster situations, these kids become cash cows, for my grands, the whole food stamps thing.

Well, sorry for going off subject, thanks SWOT for your kindness...

On the up side, Junior is VERY resilient. But he does not need to switch schools. School is a place where he succeeds a lot, academically and socially, and also a place that represents stability to him.
I am glad for Junior that he finds success and stability in school. God bless him and all the other children out there going through this.

(((HUGS)))
leafy

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I hope she does get help of some sort though. Junior needs a better mother. I know what it's like to have a somewhat crazy mother and Junior is really scared of her. Erratic mothers are the pits.
This is so kind SWOT. Many people would wish all kinds of bad things for her instead of hoping she gets the help she needs. I too hope she gets help but if she doesn't I'm glad Junior has you in his life as you will be a good strong female influence for him.

BusynMember

Thank you, Tanya. To be fair, it is not about her at all. I know my grandson will continue to see her half the time and he is terrified of her. I want her to get better for his sake. But, yeah, it would be great for her own self too.

What a nice thing f or you to say, by the way. I'm smiling :)