Short Visit from difficult child Yesterday

Carri

What a perfect example of Unconditional Love without enabling. your son knows you love him and thats all we can do. You're letting him hit his bottom, your great parents! I commend you! Hang in there...

Albatross

Heck, it was (no freaking way) not even on the radar.

Me neither. It is so sobering and, well, SAD to look around once in awhile and see how things are and wonder how they got that way. But we should always hope, SS. Even if we don't want to see them or talk to them, we can be apart from them and still hope for them. Thank you for that.

HA! WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THIS ONE, ALBATROSS!!!

Cedar, I greatly appreciate your whole message, but of course Sgt. Friday's snappy breakdown of his paycheck is my favorite. HA! I love that campy show!

When I told my mom that, her response was "you don't think he'll try to break into our house do you". Sadly my mom passed away a month later.

Oh Tanya, that's so very, very sad.

In the big picture Albatross, having any kind of judgement about your response to your son just adds more pain to it.

This makes a lot of sense, RE. I never thought of it that way before. Thank you.

your son knows you love him and thats all we can do.

Thank you, Carri. And in the big picture that is all that matters.

The latest news is that we heard from him. husband had underestimated to me how much gas he put in difficult child's car ("It was cheap, so I just gave him $20 worth." And difficult child took that almost full tank of gas to some party/festival 100 miles away rather than going to detox. Another lesson learned.

"You might be a difficult child if you can take any help anyone extends to you and somehow use it to make your life worse..."

Thanks so very much for the ears and the support.