Should I be worried?

flutterby

Fly away!
difficult child has very pale skin. Even the palest foundation you can find is too dark for her. Porcelain skin.

She hasn't been feeling well - no energy, headache, abdominal pain - and tonight her skin looks yellow. I had easy child confirm that for me. From a distance, the whites of her eyes looked yellow, but up close they looked ok. She is also itching all over.

Since I know enough to be dangerous, I'm thinking liver. But, are there any viruses out there that can do this? I did check medication side effects and it seems her BC can cause a type of jaundice.

I just don't know how to react to this....with her anxiety and all.

KTMom91

I would worry. Turning yellow is not normal. The only thing I could come up with was something liver related.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather, you need to call fam doctor/psychiatrist and get her in to have her liver enzymes checked. Could be medication related. Have them check her blood levels for that too while their at it. If you get too high a blood level it can become toxic to the liver.

Hepatitis can cause jaundice (the yellow sclera of the eye and tint to the skin). But she would have had to been exposed to someone with it. And she should've had a vaccine against the types not transmitted via blood ect.

Regardless of cause, jaundice is not to be ignored and she needs to be seen ASAP.

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Definitely take her in. The itchy skin and yellowing make me worry about her liver, too. Take the list of medications she's on because sometimes this can be caused by medications.

susiestar

Roll With It
She needs to be seen tomorrow. The itching and restless legs/arms combined with the yellowing mean that most likely something is going on with her liver. Insist that the doctor do blood work even if they don't want to work her in for an appointment. I would insist on an appointment if at all possible. This is not something to play with.

I hope she feels better soon.

on the makeup - MaryKay has a very very pale shade of foundation that you have to special order. It is NOT in their kits or brochures but it does exist. My mom has used it for years. She is as pale as your daughter from the sounds of it.

flutterby

Fly away!
She's not yellow today, but she has done nothing but sleep all day. She woke up just as I was leaving for the IEP meeting, and was asleep on the couch when I got home from it.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'd wonder about mono which can affect the functioning of the liver as well. Get her seen ASAP. In the meantime, do not let her take anything like Tyelenol (acetaminophen): it is extremely hard on the liver at the best of times. The sleeping is indicative, in my opinion of some sort of illness.