Should I go to the ER? Not an April Fool's...

KTMom91

While sitting peacefully getting my long-awaited pedicure, I noticed a heaviness/pressure on my left side, under my arm. My left shoulder and upper arm feel heavy as well. There's a pressure in my back and my neck, I feel absolutely drained, but I'm restless, trying to find a comfortable way to sit.

I didn't get up till noon, ran a few errands, and visited B for about an hour. Hubby is fussing at me about going, but I've really had enough hospital this week to last a while. Should I let Hubby take me to the ER?

Mom2oddson

I'd go. Better for it to be a waste of time, then not go and it be something serious. With luck, it will be a waste of time. And it will give hubby peace-of-mind. You'd want him to go if things were reversed - right?

M

ML

That sounds like it could be serious and of course you should go. Please give us an update.

H

HaoZi

Here's hoping she took the advice and went and just does like I do and leaves the computer on while she's gone.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mary I'm hoping you haven't posted again because you're sitting in the hospital being monitored.

Saying a prayer, keeping body parts crossed, and worrying hoping it is just a better safe than sorry episode.

(((hugs)))

ctmom05

After having had a heart attack when I was in my late 40's, I can say that as surreal as it may seem - it's very unwise to blow off syptoms that have you questioning a possible serious health issue. Symptoms can be so variable from one person to the next, you may not be having the classic signs, but when the thought is in your mind "gee, could I possibly be having a heart attack?" it's time to go to the hospital.

I hope this turns out to be something uneventful and you are feeling better quickly.

tiredmommy

I just got a message from KTmom's husband. They are at the hospital and still waiting to be checked out. He said everything is under control. I'll update more in the morning if I hear more from her husband.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I just got a text from her -- they said no heart attack but they are rerunning the tests to be sure and so are keeping her until midnight (her time).

KTMom91

Just got home. My heart is enlarged, and I have high blood pressure (which is a new development from 6 mos ago at my last dr appointment), and I am to call my doctor Monday for a referral to a cardiologist. I cannot wait for my scheduled appointment on the 13th.

It was an exciting evening at the ER...they are remodeling and had people stacked all over the place in the waiting room. No A/C, and the power went out several times. When I got into a room, there was a guy in the hall with restraints on, telling the nurse that he knew someone at the hospital was going to kill him tonight. She tried to calm him, and when they took him to a room and took off the restraints, he knocked the nurse down, shoved the security guard, and took off running out of the ER. Security had to tackle him and bring him back inside. He was seriously freaking out, and it took four cops, six security guards, and something to sedate him before he finally calmed down. He was just waking up when I left, still thinking someone was going to kill him. This is what happens when your county closes the emergency psychiatric ward to save money...

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts!

busywend

I get that, too, sometimes. Usually when I have carried something heavy. It is kind of a tired, heavy feeling in the arms.

Glad you had it checked out and will follow up with doctor.