Shovel, anyone??

klmno

I'm glad you checked in, LDM, and have just been playing!

You ladies that are further north really got more than we did here- I'm glad everyone is ok though.

I went out for a while today but it didn't go as planned. I got out to the end of the driveway, then the car got stuck. I live on a cul-de-sac and they have not cleared this road. Some people with higher vehicles had driven on it and it left a bit of an icey "mound" that I had trouble getting over. Fortunately, a very nice man who lives a few house away came and spent about 30 mins digging me out of it. I tried to pay him- I had never even met him before- but he wouldn't take any money. I think now I have someone to buy a Christmas gift for! I assume he's married so I'm thinking I'll make them a gift basket of goodies and deliver it Christmas eve.

smallworld

As predicted, our school district just announced it will close tomorrow due to "emergency weather conditions." My daughter M is thrilled!

klmno

I bet she is! Shoot- I say just let the kids enjoy the week!

SW- I wish you a very safe trip and hope you have a great visit with J.

Lothlorien

Our schools are closed tomorrow too.....Ugh. So much to do! I haven't wrapped anything. They have to go to school on Tues or I'm going to lose my mind.

mavh2005

I'm checking in... we got about a foot of snow. The city didn't do a great job of plowing the roads at all. They didn't even touch my road. At least schools here closed on Friday for the winter break. Back at work today. We dug out yesterday I had to get out of the house. Can't stay in more than 24 hours at a time.

Cass1

I have been seeing on the news all the snow alot of people have gotten over the weekend,I'm jealous !! Ive actually been looking forward to snow this year and we have hardly gotten any which is unusual for us.I live near London Ontario and we usually have snow every Christmas but this year our weather forcast is rain Christmas day uggggg!!
So enjoy all the snow ;) and send some my way please :)

smallworld

We just heard that school is closed tomorrow as well. I told you the Difficult Child metro area is snow-challenged. Many of the side streets are still not plowed. The main roads are plowed, but incredibly narrow from snow piles. Traffic is very heavy. It's a mess out there.

klmno

Our streets are that way here too- we are equally as snow-challenged. LOL! And there are many who don't drive well with it. Most places did open today though, although some opened late. I planned on going out to do more errands but didn't- it was something bout those temps being in the teens this mjorning, then needing to make phone calls this afternoon. They say we got about 12" here but I swear there is well over a foot of snow in my yard and on my deck and it can't be just drift piling up because my grill and other stuff- like a bird bath in the yard- still has over 12" of snow on it.

Lothlorien

Well, do I have egg on my face!!! I was saying how NJ is well equipped to deal with this....yada yada yada. They had off today....well so did more than half of the East coast. We have tomorrow off, too. The roads, especially side streets, are a disaster, especially my town. They normally start plowing right away and they brine the roads. They didn't even start until after the snow stopped, so plowing over 24 inches of snow and snow drifts even higher, are near impossible when you wait until after it stops. So, the kids have school on Wed, but it's a half day......what's the point? I mean really?

How do I wrap gifts? Ahhhhhhh!!!

klmno

So, the kids have school on Wed, but it's a half day......what's the point?

I wouldn't bother unless you need a couple of hours away from them.

Over 24 inches??? Ohhhhh......

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Loth, send them outside to play :) They can make a snow cave... snowmen/women/children... snowdinosaur... Tell them they can't come back in until they've made 100 snowballs... each.