Sick and tired of feeling

Wiped Out

Staff member
sick and tired! Warning this is mostly a vent.

Two weeks ago I had a horrible cold, then last Sunday my neck started to hurt to the touch but no other symptoms. As the week went on it got worse. By Saturday night every time I moved to turn over it hurt.

Last night one of the glands finally started to swell. It's rather large and, again, very painful to the touch. At work today I showed our school nurse (she said it could be an infection, mumps, mono-I am fairly sure it isn't mumps because I remember being re-vaccinated a few years ago) a who said to call my dr. I did and he prescribed anti-biotics over the phone.

The pain is to the point that every time I bend over, yawn, even sometimes when I'm talking it hurts. It hurts to go from a lying to a sitting position and vice versa.

I am also extremely achy and have now been having the diarrhea (-even though I am very hungry) thankfully no fever.

I hope these antibiotics help.

Sorry for the whine but I'm sitting in bed feeling absolutely miserable but not miserable enough to stay home from work with the few sick days I have left. Plus one of my student's IEP is tomorrow and he is a major difficult child-I have to be there.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That does sound icky. I'm sorry. Here's a soft, warm blanket, a squishy pillow, some cushy, comfy slippers, a hot cup of your favorite tea and a freshly baked scone to go with it. Now sit here on this overstuffed couch, put your feet up and I'll get the fire going and put on your favorite soft music. Just take a few sips, enjoy a few nibbles, then close your eyes and drift off to your happy place for a much needed nap. Don't worry about anything -- somebody else is already taking care of whatever needs doing for you.

Hope you feel better. Maybe you should call and postpone that IEP a day or two?

Andy

Ow!!! That sounds extremely painful. I also hope the antibiotics help. Has this ever happened before? GCVMOM's invite does sound so welcoming. I hope you can follow those directions.

Here's to a better night's sleep.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Maybe you should have it checked out. I know, I know. Not fun. But if it's that tender and sore........I'd have it looked. If nothing else than to be sure doctor is using the right antibiotic for it.

Hope you feel better soon. My glands swelled up over the weekend. I was nervous I was coming down with something. But today it's fine again. (thankfully)

It's been a bad winter for illness.

((hugs))

DammitJanet

No fever right? But neck pain...hurting...headache? Any stiffness in the neck?

If you get any fever or stiffness in the neck...get to a doctor immediately. Did you get your flu shot?

Hope you feel better soon though.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Gvcmom-Thank you for the wonderful squishy pillow, overstuffed couch, fire, tea and scone. Seriously, I think I need a day like that-especially where everyone else takes care of everything! Wish I could postpone the IEP but this is a cast of thousands. It has literally taken us two months to get this scheduled. The child is at our school only 1 1/2 hours a day then goes to a special program which is extremely rare in our district.

Andy-Yep-it's painful and never happened before and hopefully never will again after it leaves my system!

Lisa-I agree that I should see the dr. but when I called all he wanted to do was prescribe antibiotics over the phone. They said if it gets worse and the anti-biotics don't help then they will see me. I wasn't too happy because for me this is something that has never happened before and a bit scary.

Last night I did go out and buy a pad you heat in the microwave, I am suppose to have it for my jaw anyway. It was very relaxing and helped me get to sleep.

Hopefully it is something the anti-biotics will take care of soon.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Janet-No fever thank goodness!

Linda-Overall, I think my Addison's is doing well. I certainly have been stressed and that can definitely affect my health. I'm sure a lot of what I've been dealing with physically this year is due, at least in part to stress. I also think the fact that I haven't been getting to the club so much this winter. You are right that I do need to watch things with my Addison's. I think I've been luckier than many with Addison's over the years, crossing my fingers it continues.

My doctor must have been right-it must have been an infection of some sort because I feel 90 % better than I did 24 hours ago-the antibiotics are helping! Thanks again for all of your support!