Sick house

flutterby

Fly away!
I feel like the house should be quarantined with yellow tape around it.

difficult child has been sick since Sunday night. She went to school Monday and got much worse. She has been out since Tuesday. I called the school yesterday to get her assignments - will pick them up tomorrow.

I've been running a fever since the weekend. Is hard to tell if that means anything because I tend to run a low grade fever so much of the time. But, this is worse. Waking up multiple times a night sweating through my clothes; then waking up freezing to death - with the heated mattress pad on. Tuesday, I started with flu symptoms.

And now, difficult child 2. Fever, body aches, headache, cough. All the fun stuff. So far, easy child and girlfriend are symptom free.

My mom is coming up tomorrow (Friday). She got the H1N1 vaccine because she works in health care. The doctor didn't say it's H1N1 - just said a virus - but I'm glad she received the vaccine regardless.

When so many in the house are sick, I want to hose it down with Lysol. It feels like a sick house. I can almost see the germs. Bleck. :sick:

tiredmommy

Aww... feel better. I actually did wipe/spray everything down when Duckie was recently ill. I don't know if it helped but it made me feel better.

Mattsmom277

Much sympathy from here. Both kids here were out of school 2 weeks with what sounds the same thing, same symptoms anyhow. It seemed to go away for about a day or so, and came back (mid way through). Thankfully no vomitting, diarhea or dehydration with it here.
I think the fevered, chills, sweating thing got me the worst. I never did find a way to regulate it, just had to go with it.
Hope you all feel better soon!