Sick to my stomach

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Ugh, I just hopped on the computer to pay some bills and difficult child's facebook was up. I know, I know, I should have just closed it down without peeking, but I peeked. And what I read is literally and seriously turning my stomach.

difficult child had been (maybe still will, I don't know) having sex with this guy in town, her age, who is just a total and complete scummer. One of difficult child's old friends from HS has a kid by this dude and he has nothing to do with the kid and calls the mother a fat b**** - real nice guy. He used to stalk the old girlfriend and the girl would hide out at our house!! I know too much about what kind of guy he is not to be disgusted.

The messages between them were just so disgusting, as if they were talking about hiking together or something totally innocent and not important. It's just casual sex apparently and it sounds like difficult child may have been cleaning his room for him at some point to make some money and perhaps it lead to a sexual relationship, I don't know. Oh, how I wish I hadn't peeked.

About a week ago, difficult child casually mentioned that she saw him while she was out and I just grunted an "Ugh~" and she never said anything more about him.

I'm not going to say anything to anyone, but I had to tell someone. Really, I may hurl up my dinner, this is just so gross to me.

M

ML

((((((Jo)))))))))) I am sooo sorry. There are just two words that come to mind: birth control!

Thinking of you xoxo ML

everywoman

Sorry, sometimes ignorance is bliss. Those are the kind of thoughts that keep you up at night. Next time, close it, don't look. Obviously, the less you know the better.

BusynMember

Ugh, ick!!!
Next time, just don't look. Hopefully she will get as disgusted with him as you are and dump him like a ton of bricks.

(((Hugs)))

Jo,

I don't blame you for feeling like, as Star said, you need an airline bag. It is so hard when our difficult children are adults and we have no control. I'm a "newbie" to all of this, but, from the very little experience I have, I know it rots when we can no longer stop our kids from doing things that are only harmful to themselves. Many days, I just want to shake some sense into difficult child 1:mad:...

I think the best advice I have is advice you've already been given - Don't look next time. I don't think there is any point in feeling sick over things you can't control. It is so sad that our difficult children have to face nasty consequences from poor decision making. Hopefully, if they learn a valuable lesson from their mistakes, and don't repeat the same one over and over again, then it was worth it.

I know it is very difficult for you to watch your difficult child mess up her life. I know how much you love her. Sending you lots of hugs... WFEN

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
In the light of a brand new day, all I can say is "it is what it is" and I should be used to her taking two steps forward and one step back, although this time it seems she's taking 3 steps back!

Mostly, I just keep reminding myself that I have my own stuff to worry about. She's on the depo shot, which protect her from pregnancy....unfortunately it won't protect her from communicable diseases...which I'm sure that loser has. I hope she's using double protection, as I've always told her to.

Thanks for the hugs - I am so not going to let this drive me nuts.