Side effects from poor ozone?

Steely

Our first orange day here in Dallas. One of many this summer.

Personally my whole body feels the bad ozone before it is even announced on the news. Why I wonder? I do not have respiratory problems that would be aggravated by the ozone that I know of - but when it is a bad day here my chest hurts, I have pains throughout my body, and I am fatigued.

Any ideas? Any of you ever suffer from this?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yeah, we've had many days like that over the course of my life here in sunny SoCal, not far from L.A.

It's not so often as it was when I was a little kid, but I remember smoggy days where it hurt to breathe deeply. And on rare occasion now when it's in the triple digits and the air quality is bad, the same thing happens. But it's much better now than it was in the 60's or 70's.

My best advice is to stay indoors with the air conditioning on, and limit your physical activity. Best time to be outside is early morning or after the sun goes down, since that's when the air cools and much of the trapped gunk can escape into the upper atmosphere. (We get this thing here called an inversion layer, where cooler air way up above traps in the warmer air and gases down below which is being heated by the hot sun pounding on the ground -- when the sun goes down, the ground starts to cool and so the "bad" air can escape).