*Sigh* need advice regarding Copper (LONG)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I wish I could answer this riddle for you. I wish my Mother had cared as much as you. Her answer was always to run. My Bio-Father the same... I was adopted as well...
I was caught up in the drama of Mom, Bio-Dad and Adopted Dad... what were the lies and who was telling the truth?
I am still figuring it all out.
My Father was not a good person. It has taken me 38 years to start to get to know him, I still am taking it very slowly.
All I can tell you is that despite all of the horrible things my Mother did, the 9 years I knew her, I would not ever give it back.
My Adopted Father, He did some pretty horrible things as well, I spent 8 years with him. But I have lots of great memories as well and we actually have a good relationship now. We have both grown and learned from each other. I would not change this either despite the pain.
My bio-Father was the worst, in and out of prison, the drugs, the mental abuse... on and on. But I think I have learned the most from him. Will we ever be perfect? Will we ever be Father and Daughter? I doubt it, but we may be friends...
I think we are stronger than we could ever believe, you are stronger than you realize.
I don't know the answers, but I do know that I would not change a thing. Despite my parents mistakes... I could never hold a grudge against them. They were young and they were trying with what they had, all that they had.
I know you are doing everything... take some time, the answers will come to you.

*long sigh*

I've been lurking, but really not up to posting over the past week. This situation has literally knocked the wind out of me, and I have been feeling like I don't have a whole heck of a lot to offer.

I did finally talk to my mom about this. She was way cool about it. Her biggest concern was my mental health. Yay, mom. I gotta tell you, it's been hell. On top of this, I've been titrating off of Topamax because I can't afford it, and I've been tired and crabby. Tink is ready to move out.

So I did a little digging. I found K on a site called Linkedin (like Myspace or Facebook but for business purposes) and learned that he is a member of his town Jaycees. I went to that website and got an email address for him, and I sent him a note asking him to contact me. There were even some pictures of him on the website. I think maybe if Copper had a beard, I could better tell if she looked more like K or J.

Have not heard back yet, but I have no idea how often he checks the Jaycee's email. If/when I do hear back, I will talk to him and see if he wants to pursue a DNA test. And then I will go from there.

Thanks again, one and all, for your support and caring.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hugs to you and that stupid expensive Topamax!!! I have to take it also!!!
Hang in there...

BBK,

Sorry I'm so late reading this!!! I think the others have given you excellent, heart-felt advice. Everyone has good reasons for their feelings. I really don't know what I would do if I were in your shoes. It's got to be HE77!!! I just want you to know I'm thinking of you...

Anyway, I hope K contacts you!!! If you want to know whether J or K is Copper's real father, I hope K agrees to a DNA test. Whatever the outcome, you know we're here for you!!!

I'm really sorry I'm not much help in this situation. Sending lots of hugs... WFEN

SONS GONE WILD

Moms goin' crazy
BBK, I've been following your story and wish you all the best in this situation. I can't even imagine. . . no advice, just hugs. . . off the subject though about the Topamax - I hear that drug manufacturers sometimes give medications free if you can't afford them. I don't know the details of this, but it might be worth looking in to. You might find info on their website to begin with. Take care of yourself.