Silly me thinking I would get a thank you.......

Scent of Cedar *

Lest I grow cold about him or let his ugly
behaviors devour me.

I love this.

Lest I grow cold about him or let his ugly behaviors devour me. Sometimes, it's the only gratitude I
have for him. So............I'll take it.

I love the determination and the raw honesty and the choice of self reflected in this.

Beautifully put, HeadlightsMom.

Cedar

I have been thinking so many ugly thoughts, today.

I love the gratitude piece, the intentional gratitude piece.

:O)

Isla

I feel the same way. I remember one year on my birthday the cops came to our house to put an electronic ankle monitor on my difficult child. Yes, I don't expect much when it comes to birthdays or mothers day.o_O
The only mother's day gift I ever would like is to not cop abuse! :eek:

Copabanana

InsaneCdn, I totally agree with your point of view. Forget, gratitude (for now) just don't call the cops on me, hang up the phone on me, tell me to f myself, etc. OK, that sounds bitter, but it's not. I am seeing that my failure up until now to put a stop to the disrespect and abuse....has made life much more stressful for him. He may not feel safe to show me affection or consideration--because I have been such a doormat.

InsaneCdn

Hubby would like some gratitude from son for all we have done for him. He doesn't get it.

I'm content with small things. "Thanks for supper, Mom". I don't even get that every day, but he's in fairly good form if I get it. Appreciation in the present for something just received. Gratitude... might come in another 10 or 20 years.

(and yes, when he is NOT in good form... he can be extremely difficult)