since the accident

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wee has been pushing all the lines at home. He's helpful to me, but just plain mouths anybody and everybody else. His hyperactivity is way out there, too.

I am worried about his return to school tomorrow. He only had school Monday and Tuesday and grandma kept him home because of my situation.

I pray tomorrow goes well.

H

HaoZi

Maybe he's still shook up from the accident and feeling protective of you? Have you asked him if he can pinpoint a reason why he's more upset than usual with everyone else at home? Maybe he feels they could be doing more?

Jena

hi

i haven't been on past few days. How are you doing? i'm glad to see you back on. I'm sorry he's hyper, i hope tmrw goes well. How do you feel??

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
he settled in and made some cookies to take to school with grandma late this evening and that went well. But i'm worried.

will see what tomorrow brings.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Just keep trying to talk to him about it. And make sure the school knows about what happened -- I sure hope they cut him some slack.

DammitJanet

Kids handle trauma in different ways. He has had a major life event that has thrown him for a loop and it has upset his world. It is perfectly natural that he is scared because he knows his mommy was very hurt. Kids cant process that information logically the way grownups can. Someone from school needs to be very quick to soothe him and let him express his emotions when he gets upset because its not about school, its about his fear for you.

LittleDudesMom

I totally agree with those who are relating is behavior to your accident. I would make sure his aide and teacher know (which I imagine they do since he didn't go in last week) so they can be aware of any building anxiety.

Keep yourself well.

Sharon

SRL

Hopefully he'll be glad to get back into his routine.

Our kids just had two days last week as well. I thought it was an odd time to do a teacher's workshop day.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
he's excited to go because he's got the cookies to share. talked to his teacher twcie this morning. i hope all's well...

Marguerite

I didn't realise you had been in an accident, Shari. I've not been in Watercooler for some time now. I'll have to go check things out. Sorry to hear you were hurt. And I heartily endorse what the others have said - Wee has had a bad fright and will also be partly angry with yo for not being perfect (and invincible/indestructible) and also angry with himself for being angry with you when you're hurt. These strong but confused feelings have to break out somewhere.

Stay strong.

Marg

B

Bunny

Shari, we went through something similar with difficult child twice this year. Once in February when we had a car accident, with both difficult child and easy child in the car, and in June when I was bitten by a dog and wound up in the hospital with a massive infection. difficult child had a very hard time dealing with both of those things when they occured. He was scared. In the car accident he knew that we all could have been hurt (thankfully, no one was). After I was bitten by the dog he had a very hard time when I went out by myself. One time he even waited up for me and when I came home wanted to know why I was home so late (10:00 pm) because he was getting worried that something happened to me. husband tried to explain to him that this was a normal time for me to come home, but he needed to see that I came home in one piece.

I think that Wee just needs time. You were in an accident, which is traumatic enough, but you were also hurt and had to have surgery and when he sees you he is reminded every day that you were hurt. Aren't moms supposed to be indesctuctible?

Pam