Singing James Brown's "I Feel Good"

ctmom05

<span style='font-family: Fixedsys'> Fridays have been the day that I "get the chair" - the name I assigned to the several hours per week that I spend with my oncologist for treatment.

I've been a participating partner in making treatment choices, when there is one to make. Friday was one of those times. I could make a logical case for each of the choices I was offered.

The fact is my lymphoma is not curable, but it is treatable.
Another fact is that a resistance to Rituxan(current drip of choice) will develop over time. Then you must move on to other drugs, which have more toxic side effects. Subsequent remissions tend to be of shorter duration(this was my third time being treated for NHL).

Rituxan stays in your system, working for some time after the fact, so I decided to take a breather and go for a ct scan in September to see where things stand.

Right now the truth is "I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good."</span>

tiredmommy

Chris,
I'm glad your have a voice in your treatment options and you feel good. Fingers crossed that you somehow achieve remission and it sticks around for a very long time, despite the odds.

TerryJ2

I've got my fingers crossed, too, Chris. Way To Go.
Sheesh. Now you've got ME singing that song... :smile:

DDD

I'm glad to read that you are feeling well and in control of your
treatment options. Did you know that James Brown is not singing
"I Feel Good" this week?? Evidently close to 20 people had DNA
tests to prove he was "their Daddy" and at least two, so far, are
his kids. I imagine "I Feel Broke" his song du jour! Hugs. DDD

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Hugs, Chris! :smile: I'm glad that you get to make the choices over what happens - the treatment plan. It must help your mindset in so many ways.

by the way, good choice in songs - one of my favorites. :bravo:

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's great you have a choice in your treatment plane :bravo:Keeping you in my prayers. :angel: