Sister driving me crazy

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My letter was not well received. She took is as an attack and accusation that she was spending and stealing all my mom's money, which is laughable since my mother hasn't any money! And, she made it seem as if I wasn't willing to help care for our mother in her aged years...puh-leez. And she didn't "reply all" as I requested - she only responded to me. So, I responded back and copied everyone again. But I just told her that I would call her this weekend so we could talk things out, I wasn't accusing her...I just wanted some accountability for my mom's income and how her personal belongings were being either sold or donated, etc. I mean, I just have to wonder how much of her reaction is based in her own alcoholic behaviors and thought process and how much of it is based in her own deceptions...if she's got nothing to hide, then why not just answer a few simple questions. After all, everything I touched on has been discussed all summer long with the intention being that my mom would be moving up here. Quite honestly, while I don't relish the thought of PA sister being the only person near mom if she goes into a home, as long as mom is well cared for and safe, I would be happy. We all agree on that, or so I thought. In my sister's response letter, she again says something about mom living with her indefinitely as "right now, mom is happier being with familiy than she would be in a home". Well, duh. That isn't really the point. The point is that she is declining and will eventually need a home - NOW is the time to get our ducks in a row, ugh.

So, my older sister (WV) responded in kind to my email, supporting everything. Ironically, we haven't heard anything from the sister who lives closest to me and shares the POA...hmmmm...she's always tried to be the magistrate in family affairs. I can't help but wonder if she's waiting to see how far this 'conversation' deteriorates before stepping in. I laugh...lol. But it's a 'crazy lady in the basement' kind of laugh!

Thanks for the feedback.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Jo,

Save yourself some heartache - and keep in mind EVEN if you had written PA sis a GOSH YOU ARE DOING SWELL letter - she would have taken it as a personal attack. Really! been there done that....

So find an estate atty and get it done today.....hugs