sister in law OD'd

Tiapet

Old Hand
My thoughts are with your family and hoping for a full recovery and healing for all. May she find peace and acceptance going forward.

DammitJanet

Im so sorry Sue. Im sort of assuming this was planned. Has got to be so hard on the family but so hard on her too. I hope the best happens, no matter what that should be.

slsh

member since 1999
Thank you all so *very* much. We think sister in law is off the ventilator (husband doesn't ask the right questions, but since his bro said she was kinda talking, I'm going to assume she's off the vent). Still in ICU - they apparently had her on Narcan until this afternoon, so she sure did try hard. Concern now is kidney function, given that her illness had already messed them up pretty bad. The family doesn't speak medicalese so it's hard to get a read on what's really going on, but the important thing is it sounds like she's making progress in the right direction.

Actually, a lot of concerns, but... one step at a time right now. husband's family tends to ostrich things a lot, and apparently the whole concept of suicide has got someone/several someones bent out of shape. Not sure what's going on, but it sounds like things are getting kinda hairy, family-wise. Sigh....

I just hope and pray hospital staff will get a good support system in place for her locally.

Again, thank you all so very much for the good thoughts for her.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Thank you for the update. Still in my thoughts and prayers that things will go in the direction they need to for the entire family and that everyone gets what they need from this, in all ways. (hugs)