Sites for stage makeup?

M

ML

Has anyone come across a website where they sell stuff like fake blood, fakes noses, etc? Manster's new "thing" is to make fake wounds and currently aspires to be a stage makeup artist. This is the kind of stuff you can usually find at the Halloween stores in the fall. We've found some sites on Amazon but they are very expensive. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.

H

HaoZi

Question: Stage make-up in general, or special effects make-up only? I have a friend that did stage make-up in CA a while back, if you can be more specific I'll ask her for some info for him.

susiestar

Roll With It
Check out magic stores in the area. They often have these items. Also check the big novelty stores, not the chains but the ones that do bulk items for school fairs, parties, etc.... costume shops almost always have these.

Also have him check out the Syfy channel's website for a show where makeup artists compete to meet different challenges for special effects makeup (sort of the Project Runway of the special effects makeup crowd). You may be able to watch them online via Syfy's website or hulu.com. Youtube should also have a lot of DIY videos for this.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well here's a chuckle - the guy I went to trucking school with named his truck - "THE ROLLING TURD" and I had to find a large plastic bank that looked like dog doo-doo so he could mount it in place of the MAC bull dog on the hood since THAT was also missing, the fenders flapped and the color was dookie brown....hence the name because zXXXXXX trucking promised him a brandy new freightliner with all the trimmings and gave him this literal piece of dookie. It's so awful I'm going to hand letter him a license plate with the words he requested - but I found the plastic dog dung on a similar place. Had you not gotten such great suggestions? I would look up for you because they had fake blood and scars as well as puppy poo.

M

ML

You ladies are fantastic. I told manster about all these suggestions and he's ecstatic and can't wait to come home and check them out. I may use this new passsion of his and incentive and motivation in a few areas. SO cool. Thanks everyone. Star, that is hysterical!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I haven't been able to find anything out - work's been busy and home's been nuts. I'll try today if I can.