Sixth Grade Continuation

M

ML

So today marks a milestone in our lives. A few years ago I was terrified at the prospect of manster facing middle school. While I wouldn't say I'm enthused at the idea now, I've grown to accept it and feel that if we take it one day at a time just maybe it won't be the end of the world.

But for today, we celebrate. After the ceremony friends and family are meeting at manster's favorite Sushi restaurant (thank goodness they have cooked food too lol) and we'll enjoy the moment and the fact that we have a breif respite to enjoy summer before the real work begins.

M

ML

Thanks! It was a fun day.

I have to tell you something funny. All year long his teacher called him danimal as a nickname. So when he announced his name to come get his certificate he called him by that name.

I was disappointed that his report card showed a decline. This happens every year. He starts out great and sometimes even carries it through the second trimester.. but he rec'd no 4's whereas last time he had several. Still a couple 2s in math. Maybe I need to think about a math tutor this summer.

Anyway now to face the joys and challenges of summer. The lack of structure is always "fun" :)

cubsgirl

Congrats to Manster for making it through sixth grade. Doesn't it seem like time just flies by!

Cute story about his certificate!