susiestar

Roll With It
Souds like a tough morning. For the sake of the family drama I hope he finds his ID. How will he do schoolwork without the ID? Doesn't the school have a fund they can pay for the ID out of? They cannot really refuse to give him textbooks, though he may not be able to remove them from the classroom.

Is the ID expensive? If you could squeeze out the $ for the ID could you have him work it off for $5 per hour? Maybe have him do the work this weekend for the $$ today? If he doesn't do the work he has to repay the cost of the ID and the dance and any expense (like gas) that you incur getting him ready and to the dance?

Just a thought or three. I hope the inosital is helpful and affordable.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I don't know when they plan on distributing textbooks. It hasn't happened yet this week, and his homework has been worksheets (as far as I can tell).

I don't recall what the replacement cost is for the ID card. Yes, he will HAVE to work it off or use his birthday money he just got. I am no longer bailing out my kids for their carelessness. difficult child 1 learned that this summer when he was horsing around with his brother and broke his glasses that were only 6 months old. He had to pay for the replacement pair and it took him most of the summer to earn the money to pay off the optometrist.

The fact that he can't even keep track of an ID card is further ammo for me to deny him getting his driver's permit next Spring. Maybe when he's a junior or senior... we'll see. It all depends on grades, and maturity/responsibility.

TerryJ2

Oh, gosh, he sounds so much like my son! All that pre-paying and forgetting and re-doing and driving you nuts.
{{hugs}}

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh, on a positive note (yes, we do get one or two every now and then!) when I was digging under the couch cushions looking for his ID card, I found his CELL PHONE that we'd given him for his 8th grade promotion and he'd "lost" at the end of July! It's one of those GO phones that you prepay to use. Of course, all the minutes had expired so he can't use it until he gives me $ for that, but at least now he has it again.

And you know, technically, in 6 months he's eligible to get his driver's permit. Say it with me now: NO. WAY. IN. HELL. :devil:

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Oh, I am so sorry!!! I have no idea about any medications, except the ones I am taking. Every time my mother got custody of my difficult child 1 she would take him off all medications.. All I know is that raising difficult children is such a challenge... I am just sending you a knowing hug!!

bnwchic

Lexapro did absolutely nothing for me when it came to my picking habits. All it did was make things worse because even after I stopped taking it, it left me with a permanent studdering problem.