SLEEP DISORDERS...Just passing on since we have discussed sleep studies

buddy

HI, not sure if this is still something a couple of our group are looking at but I was surprised to see it so thought I just pass it on....

Ignore that it says tourettesynrome.... it is a site called Tourette's PLUS and this is a plus.

Sleep disorders in children are much more common than parents and teachers may realize and may contribute significantly to problems academically, behaviorally, and emotionally. Many of the neurological conditions described on this web site also have sleep disorders associated with them, and in the overview article I've written for this site, you can read about some of the research on sleep impairment associated with different disorders.

Sleep Disorders : Tourette Syndrome "Plus" " Leslie E. Packer, PhD

Overview of Sleep Disorders:
Sleep disorders contribute significantly to academic, motoric, behavioral, and social-emotional difficulties, but Restless Legs Syndrome, Periodic Limb Movements of Sleep, narcolepsy, insomnia, and sleep apnea do not all have the same effect on daytime functioning. Because children and teenagers with the kinds of neurobehavioral disorders described on this web site are likely to have sleep-related problems, this article will provide a brief overview of some different types of sleep disorders and what we know about the kinds of sleep problems associated with different disorders.

Sleep Disorders : Tourette Syndrome "Plus" " Leslie E. Packer, PhD