Sleep Study

susiestar

Roll With It
Has anyone had a sleep study? Did yours hoover as much as mine did?

I had one last night. The phone lady assured me it didn't matter what position I slept in, that it would test for more than sleep apnea, etc....

I needed one because I have a VERY hard time falling asleep (with-o lunesta, ambien, or another sleep aid I can stay up for a week at a time!) and I am NEVER refreshed by my sleep.

I got there and the lady was very very nice. BUT.....

I had to sleep on my back, couldn't move with-o calling for assistance to keep the wires hooked up, and generally was miserable.

I am so very sore today. AND they ONLY check for sleep apnea, not for rem sleep or anything else (that my rheumy and reg doctor wanted checked out). And my insurance won't pay for another one at a different place.

Sigh. At least my insurance paid for all of this one. I am writing a complaint letter because tings were SO misrepresented by the appointment staff. and I have a head full of nasty icky stuff that they put the wires on with.

Thanks for the vent. Susie

Abbey

Spork Queen
Susie...never done one, but I KNOW I could not sleep on my back all night. I'm a 'right-sided' sleeper.

Hope you get some help.

Abbey

Steely

Wow, that stinks. Good info though..............because I was thinking of having one as well, for the exact same problems you just described. Now, maybe not so much.
Sorry!!!:sick:

F

flutterbee

I'd be having your doctors call them and find out what's going on. That test was completely unhelpful.

I'm sorry.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry for your uncomfortable night and that they only tested for the Apnea.

We just today got a referral to have a sleep study done on difficult child. Should be interesting as I can't imagine him sleeping in only one position all night.

DammitJanet

I have thought about requesting a sleep study because I have such sleep issues but I would have the same issues you do. I dont sleep only on my back but also on my side too. I have this weird sleep thing where even if I take my sleep medications at night I cant get to sleep but come mornings, I am so tired! Its like my days and nights are backwards and nothing I do can fix it.