SLSH - Sue

JJJ

Today has been a day. Tigger has a seizure at school. We had family therapy via phone with Kanga. Now this...Oh, and I only slept two hours last night.

slsh

member since 1999
Just remember - "you're an equal at the table". ROFL, have they told the RTCs that yet? You really ought to get a copy of the audio portion of this. I think they've opened the door for Kanga to stay in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) wide open.

Is Tigger ok??? I didn't realize he had seizures. Poor kiddo, and poor you too! Sounds like it was a rough day all around. Time for some nice wine!

JJJ

I've been so tempted to get a few Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staff in on this call. I've got a two page letter drafted that I'm continuing to update and I plan on sending it to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) this week with an update at the end of the month.

The problem with the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is that Kanga is currently their angel. They have some pretty severe kiddos that have scared the stuffing out of Kanga so she isn't acting out cause she'll get beat down by the bigger girls. At least we finally got Kanga to admit that she is still hallucinating. She wouldn't tell staff because she felt they wouldn't believe her (aka it would blow her I'm totally sane, my mom is crazy routine).

Her therapist is calling her on everything so hopefully we will see some progress on her.

Tigger doesn't have "true" seizures per the neurologist. But he has seizure-like episodes, today his eyes glazed over, he laid on the ground, he eyes rolled back in his head and fluttered, then when he tried to get up he stumbled around like a drunken sailor, and then he was sleepy. He slept for 3 hours after I got him home. He raged as part of this and his little face just crumbled when I came into school, "I didn't want to do it. I couldn't make it stop." :not_fair: Luckily, the staff seems pretty good. They did give him hugs and tell him tomorrow would be a good day.