Slug Day

gcvmom

Here we go again!
No, it's not a special holiday set aside for honoring garden-variety invertebrates.

It's what we're doing at my house today: Absolutely Nothing.

Kids are watching TV until their eyeballs fall out, for all I care. Or video games. Or whatever. As long as they are quiet and not fighting, then rock on.

easy child is playing with Legos in her room. The difficult child's are watching TV in separate rooms (THE ABSENCE OF YELLING AND BICKERING IS VERY NICE).

I've been on the computer taking care of "stuff" -- appointments, bills, lacrosse board junk, Spider Solitaire, reading the news, posting on FB, enhancing my middle-age spread. :tongue:

It's hot outside. I don't want to turn on the air because it will cost us a small fortune. So we're all downstairs and the fan is on. I'd encourage the kids to go play in our vinyl pool, but it turned green over the weekend and I need to get some stuff to clear it up. I'm just not up to going to the store right now.

I did load the dishwasher and started to hand wash some items. Laundry crossed my mind, but that's about as far as I got. Some days I just need to do this!

tiredmommy

That sounds like my day: I even skipped my weight watchers meeting and changed my dentist appointment. Duckie and I spent the day watching tv, going through her closet and school supplies and on the computer. I didn't shower until 4pm. We had tv dinners rather than me cooking. Unfortunately, she had a play rehearsal so I had to run her and a few friends out but she'll be dropped back off by the other mom and I'm in for the night. :bigsmile: