Small Win-Win

ksm

both girls are working!

Older got her car working, ragged and insured after she got her small tax refund. She us a server in a restaurant. She applied at a veterinary office and has an interview on Monday. Mood swings and attitudes are still there...but, hey! At least she's not at home 24/7!!!

Younger is Aldo a server and bringing home tips AND handing about 90% to me each night to save. $150 saved in three days.

husband and I are taking a European trip for a month this summer, to see six of our previous exchange students. The girls will have to stay with their dad, or friends, but will not have free access to the house. They wouldn't do anything maliciously, but are very scattered and disorganized. Our neighbor will care for our cats as she's right next door.

I hope it won't all fall apart while we are gone...

Ksm

Acacia

Ksm, it's always good to celebrate positive steps. Sometimes I am so focused on waiting for things to fall apart that I don't acknowledge anything positive.

So glad to hear you are going through with your trip. I used to not do things because I felt guilty enjoying myself when my difficult children were struggling. I've come to realize that my denying myself pleasure didn't make a bit of difference in what they did or did not do.

It may or may not fall apart while you are gone, but if it does, it's not your fault, and it may or may not fall apart if you don't give yourselves this trip.

Enjoy!

Kalahou

Ksm,
I've wondered how things were going with the girls. I assumed (as is sometimes the case) that "no news" could mean "good news". I'm glad to hear that they appear to be be growing more responsible. Has the younger one graduated now? Do they both live with you?
I'm glad you are taking a vacation this summer. You are wise not to let them remain at your house during your absence. This will be a good time for all of you to see how they prove themselves without your constant "brain" overseeing them.
May it go well. Take care.

Kalahou

ksm

The younger finished her credits for graduation in January. And they are both living here. Some days are better than others. At least with both working I am getting a break! Ksm

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Little steps and accomplishments, how wonderful.

How exciting for you and your husband to get away for a month this summer! Much needed time away.