Snow day

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yeah!! We were able to stay home today!!! The kids, husband, and I are all enjoying the day off! husband is sleeping (he got up earlier with difficult child). difficult child played on the computer and now we're going to play some Wii. easy child is downstairs being a hermit but was at least pleasant for a bit. If we have any ingredients she may make some Christmas cookies later. Getting a snow day makes me feel a bit like a kid again.:snowing: I may even see if difficult child wants to build a snowman!

Anyone else home today due to the weather?

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well half way. easy child is home from school and I don't have to do part of my day but the other half I do. Ah well. Enjoy your day.

beth

I

Ilovemyson

Surprisingly we have not had enough snow for them to close school. We have had at most 3 inches on the ground but then it is gone. I honestly don't want school closed until after Thursday, I have exams Wednesday and Thursday so if school closes, I am in trouble!!!!

:frozen::snowing::temps:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Beth-Glad you have part of the day more low key.

Ilovemysons-I hope your finals go well!

Star-No reason to be jealous! I just posted in the other thread to Abbey that I can barely move my one arm from all the shoveling!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Anyone who has temps above 60 right now....I will gladly trade. We've had some snow but it's raining now which will be oh so lovely in the morning when the temp drops. I hate winter

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM-Living where you do, I bet you'll get plenty this winter:)

Mstang-I'm with you-60s sound nice, although I am hoping for a white Christmas-then it can melt.

Andy

We didn't get much snow and those of you who read my middle of the night thread knows we were shoveled out by morning's light!

It was above zero this morning but by one degree. The wind chills dipped to 12 - 18 degrees below. I made difficult child wear his snowpants to school then noticed as we walked into the school that his coat was not zipped.

I am so far behind at work that I shouldn't be looking for a snow day but I am!!!! I want a snow day!!!! Does not look like I will get one for awhile anyway - so to work I go!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Andy-I hope you get a snow day soon.

TM-Wow-only one day-that sounds like our district-we actually went a 6 year streak with no snow days-last year we got two! I hope you get one this year!:)

KTMom91

I just don't know how you ladies survive in those frozen lands...I don't even own a heavy coat. Scarves and mittens are fashion accessories, not something I really need to wear. I'm getting cold just reading these posts!